Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sigerson Cup Semi-Finals

• 23-02-2006 6:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those who dont know the DCU GAA Fottball side have made it too the semi-finals of the Sigerson cup, one of the biggest GAA competitions there is. DCU play UCC in St. Clares with throw in at 2:30. before that the other semi final between UUJ and Queens is also on in St. Clares.

Without the "DCU 4" its going to be tough to get the win but dCU have been playing great all year and have a great chance to win. UUJ are the favourites after knocking out defending champions Sligo IT in the previous round but if DCU can beat UCC and get to teh final in parnell Park then they have a real chance.

What do you guys think of the colleges chances? It would be a huge thing for the college to win the Sigerson cup!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Some questions.

You dont need tickets by any chance?

Is Ct.Clares the pitch beside the "On the Run" garage on the Ballymun road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

you do need tickets, dont know how you get them though.

and yes, beside the esso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Rugbug86 - The source of answers to all things DCU.

You should set up your own helpline!

or maybe just do some course work instead of spending hours on boards, bebo, and google talk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You do indeed need tickets. Info on the was sent out in the last mail from Sarah Farrell. If my memory serves me correctly they're only €3 and can be purchased from the SU Reception...I think. Just check your mail tbh. :D

• Advertisement

tell ya faceless, we make a great team!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Also non DCU people can buy tickets at St. Clares but it will be more expensive than €3 I reckon

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd really like to support them tbh. Just for a bit of college spirit!!

I'm free tomorrow if anyones up for going... though getting tix might be some hassle.

Though, I do have an issue with how much money they make. €3 a ticket, and they get all the takings from the Big Tree on thurs nights [I think]. They also get gym and such free. Its very coush like....

well the €3 is to cover the cost of the grandstand that they hired, the extra staff, and other random crap. and that covers you for the weekend, not just today.

most clubs get some amount of gym time free if they ask nicely enough. and they only get the takings from the big tree when they have a night on there.

Advertisement