Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couple a questions (leap+eircom)

• 23-02-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

At the min I'm with LEAP as I couldn't pick a wired provider (more on that in a min) and IBB couldn't see over the 1 story house in front of me even with a breeze antenna on me roof (got off lightly I hear you shout, I agree, as I've had waayyyy to many dealings with IBB)

So I'm with LEAP (expensive!) but they're having major problems with the mast that serves me (located in 3 rock) and reckon it could be up to 3 weeks before the fooking things fixed. Does anyone know of another option I could try.

We had a phone line but when I test it its not suitable for DSL, I live in HCross so I assume its the cabling and not the exchange, is there any chance that eircom have plans to upgrade physical lines coming into houses any time soon??

Can anyone suggest a reliable alternative ? I mainly use the connection for Terminal services over VPN, some P2P and gaming so would prefer to have more than 256 upload.

Any suggestions are welcome
    cheers
    gerryR

Advertisement