Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing Ques?

• 23-02-2006 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

If I have 3 points(two of which that r the same hight) of a circle all up in the top part how do I find the center?

Anyone do the Mock tech drawing paper, If so talk about hard Q7 on paper 1 and Q1 on paper 2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

3 points on a circle, find the centre? Simple enough, just bisect 2 of the lines. Like, the 3 points define a triangle, so draw 2 sides of it and bisect those. Where the 2 bisectors meet, that's your centre!

And both of those questions were ones I didn;t do. w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

Heay, i dont know if we had the same mock tec paper but my question 7 paper 1 was very hard(did the (b) part of it ask to draw a seperate diagram of the plane def when it is horizontal, or something to that extent?) I havent had paper two yet

To get the centre point of a circle when you have three points you- join up any two of the points and then bisect the line, or in other term get half way of the line and then go right angles. Repeat for another two pints and where the two lines intersect is your centre point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

Damn ya Raphael, there before me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

=D

Ph33r!

Advertisement