Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisy fan on radeon geforce 9800!help!!!!

Options
  • 23-02-2006 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

got a radeon 9800 SE i think and it has a hell of a loud fan.
    sometimes the fan even stops causing the card to overheat and freeze the computer! its 3 years old.
    Can I get a replacement fan for it or will I have to fork out for a middle price card such as a geforce 6600gt,which i have been looking at!
    please help
    johnnyboy4711

Sorry I meant radeon 9800 se only !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You can obatin after market coolers of which you can see a bunch here in particular this Zalman cooler lists all versions of the 9800 series as compatabile so it should be a safe buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

:d

item is 25€ lowest postage is 10.50€!!!!
    whats the story???
    anybody!!!
    johnnyboy4711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I thinks that pretty much normal they have set price delivery rates I think no matter what (or how little) is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've an artic Cooler for a 9700pro that might fit. You can have it for free if you can collect it from me in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Jimmy365

Try Hitide. Might work out cheaper. You can collect from them.

http://www.hitide.ie

:) Jim

got it sorted with a Zalman from hitide!
    recommend them as same piece of kit in Maplin was €50,payed €30 +5 postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

arctic cooler ........... 15euro from any pc world... not worth paying any more!!

Worked for me great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

got a radeon 9800 SE i think and it has a hell of a loud fan.
    sometimes the fan even stops causing the card to overheat and freeze the computer! its 3 years old.

I like to live on the wild side.

I disconnected the fan on my ATI Radeon 9800 All-in-Wonder two years ago, and it's still working fine.

I've done that with all my ATI Radeon cards to date without any problems, but I think I'd draw the line at doing he same with something like an x800.

Maybe your heat problems are more case/cpu related?

no more display freezes anymore touch wood!!!
    hasnt gone belly up since!
    Go Zalman Go!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement