Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell in crawlspace

Options
  • 23-02-2006 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hello there
    There is an awful smell coming up from the crawlspace access under the stairs. There was a water spillage through the floor a month ago but when I was down there routing cables it seemed to have dried. I dont think that would cause a smell anyway?
    It is a smell not unlike rat doodoo, and I threw down a few cubes of storm ratbait around 2 weeks ago, the smell didnt go though. I did notice an old pipe running under the house(50 years old) before that had a bit of a smell from it, like a waste pipe but seemed inactive.
    The smell has only arrived so it couldnt be that. Is there anything I can throw down to eliminate smells or do I just have to brave it and go rat hunting...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

dead rodent... dead mouse...? if you put bait there then if "it" died it'll still be there and stinking the place up

notice any small flies or maggots ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I can tell you the stench from even one dead mouse is out of all proportion to its size.You probably sealed up a nest of them when you were monkying around.

Advertisement