Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOES A BMW 540i HAVE A LSD?

Options
  • 23-02-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Just wondering if a '94/ '95 ish BMW 540i V8 would be likely to have a limited slip diff.
    I'm Considering buying one of those and if it already had the LSD that'd be a bonus, seeing as i'm a big fan of going sideways. I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if BMW Made a LSD for it or if there's anywhere else i could get one. It's Far too nice to just weld the diff. I mean , i'd do that to a sierra or carlton but not the beemer. I'd actually want it to last a good while and still be able to turn normally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

Con_316 wrote:
    Just wondering if a '94/ '95 ish BMW 540i V8 would be likely to have a limited slip diff.
    I'm Considering buying one of those and if it already had the LSD that'd be a bonus, seeing as i'm a big fan of going sideways. I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if BMW Made a LSD for it or if there's anywhere else i could get one. It's Far too nice to just weld the diff. I mean , i'd do that to a sierra or carlton but not the beemer. I'd actually want it to last a good while and still be able to turn normally.

Probably has a viscous diff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

that more likely i suppose. Ah well, maybe i'll just weld that sh1t solid. Or just not bother with the b*stard thing.
    Anyone got anythin RWD with a decent size engine for sale?

Advertisement