Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week

• 23-02-2006 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can some one please post details+dates

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Well I saw leaflets yesterday in the Speakeasy and well can't remember what's on Monday, Camembert Quartet on Tues...Hollywood Night or something for the Media Soc, Republic of Loose on Wed, Picturehouse on Thurs!

Nothin mad exciting :rolleyes:

Oh and sorry, it starts on the 6th March i.e. week after next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Yup that's right.

Tues is a Bar Ex run by Media Soc, and we're doing a Classic Hollywood Theme with the Camenbert Quartet as special guests. That's on the Tuesday of Rag Week, on the 7th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

who gives a siht about the Media Soc. The Camenbert Quartet? I would rather stay in and watch reruns of you're a star.

mloc123 wrote:
    who gives a siht about the Media Soc. The Camenbert Quartet? I would rather stay in and watch reruns of you're a star.

Enjoy, then. *shrug*

They sell out every time they play here, though. That says a lot. If they're not your cup of tea, nobody is forcing you to go. A lot of people like them, myself included, and they WILL go to it, if they can, and enjoy the night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hmmm i really think things have never sounded worse, the cam quartet and picturehouse? my good thats abysmal, maybe we could get aslan in and complete the line-up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

mloc123 wrote:
    Well feel free to do that then...

It's an interesting fact of life that not everybody is the same, and other people actually enjoy different types of music to yourself. A lot of people are excited about this event.

The SU looked over a bunch of proposals from various clubs, all wanting to hold the Tuesday Bar-ex. I know personally that at least 2 other club's proposals were very strong, well thought out, etc. Obviously the Media soc's was the best.

They seem to have their ducks in a row. I'm not a huge fan of the camenbert quartet, but I'll still go to this bar-ex. Sounds like fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

lordgoat wrote:
    hmmm i really think things have never sounded worse, the cam quartet and picturehouse? my good thats abysmal, maybe we could get aslan in and complete the line-up...

Don't forget the Revs too....tell me they're not playing this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

at leat we got the loose....weren't turn supposed to be playing as well or has that been discreetly forgotten.
    And eh..every bax ex has "sold out" this year. regardless of quality. there's enough tasteless alcoholics amongst us to make up the numbers...

I saw turn, republic of loose, camenbert qrt., and picturehouse on the flyers that have been going around.

Indeed, IMO thats a pretty damn good lineup for ragweek, and kudos to the ents officer(mabye mediasoc too) for getting them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

There's also Big Brother in a Car!
    Breaking the World Record for the Largest Water Fight on Tuesday!
    A St. Paddys Day Parade
    Welly Tossing

aw lads buck up...it's all in good spirit! If the music aint to ya taste, maybe the drink'll be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I saw turn, republic of loose, camenbert qrt., and picturehouse on the flyers that have been going around.

Indeed, IMO thats a pretty damn good lineup for ragweek, and kudos to the ents officer(mabye mediasoc too) for getting them.

Turn?
    What night??!!!!
    Legend.

FuzzyLogic wrote:

Given the choice of goign to see picturehouse or watching that Jimmet Bennet film i really have no idea what i'd do, prob watch the film as though as these are possibly the worst excuse for a band ever... Although i may be persuaded to go only if a) they play their jingle from the centra ad...
    and b) to see all the pretty first years

Ceennntrrraa ffuuurrr the waaaaayyyy we live tudaaaayyyy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

they sing that???
    mmm pretty first years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

in the Venue:

Monday - **** cover bands. G'n'R tribute
    RHCP tribute
    Bon Jovi tribute.

tues - media soc bar-ex with camembert headline.
    wed - republic of loose with support from crayon smith
    thurs - was supposed to be turn & picturehouse but Ents f*cked up with a double bookin so no Turn. Levitate to support Picture house.

load of ****. not lookin forward. will be a long week

dont know bout the bar

thats awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Whats the featured charity for Rag Week this year?

Seanie.

Don't quote me, but I think it's something to do with suicide bereavement or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Just to clarify, ya-what-now? is right - the RAG charity this year is Turas le Cheile. It is a suicide bereavement support service. It seemed a pertinent charity considering how Maynooth has been affected by suicide in recent years. It is also a local charity, based just up the road from us in Kilcock.

Right.

I have it on good info that there's only 30 or so tickets left for Thurs Night.

Monday and Thursday are already sold out.

• Advertisement

I gots me the very last ticket for Thursday's tour.
    Anybody know where were going? :)
    Also, is everybody going to the same place, or will different busses go to different places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I heard NUI Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mloc123 wrote:

Have you ever seen them live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I gots me the very last ticket for Thursday's tour.
    Anybody know where were going? :)

I know, as I am the DJ in one of the places you will be visiting on Thursday afternoon! ;)

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ARE TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR RAGWEEK NIGHTS or tickets sold out for the tour ?
    UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Tour tickets are gone. Mondays barex is gone. There are a few left for the others I think. Gotta get me a Wednesday ticket asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well monday sounds crap anyway [i think]
    wed+thursday = maybe.

cant believe its soldout bad buzz, back in the day it would be empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

can some one please xplain to me what the hell Rag Week is?! lol thanx!:D

*Lolly* wrote:
    can some one please xplain to me what the hell Rag Week is?! lol thanx!:D
    We get some of our clothes, rip them into rags, and wear those for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

bluewolf wrote:
    We get some of our clothes, rip them into rags, and wear those for the week.

Lol! well do you have anything i could lend? :D

Im afraid the only thing i have is my birthday suit and thats for keeps :D

Advertisement