Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm RAGING, has this happened anyone else?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

personally i dont agree with eating the head off customer support or customer service people. they are only doing their job and most of the time cannot sort your problem out directly. have done a few c.suprt jobs and its a nasty one. would never shout down or berate one of them, have always found that being reasonable gets you way further.

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

To anyone who is defending eircom, I'll state publically that I think that people on the other end of telephones in call centres are innocents.

Eating their heads off and making them cry is just bullying, and misdirected malice.

Eircom treated me appaulingly about 2 years ago, and after all kinds of problems that I tried to resolve, I spent literally 15 hours on the phone over approximately 40 occassions (no exaggeration) and came to the conclusion that the company was designed to encourage people to give up, but I didn't because I never give up in situations like that.

Heads of departments promised me they'd call back and they didn't. They exhibited what can only be described as a travesty of customer service, until that is, I sent a 10 page letter to ComReg, and then within 3 days I had someone in customer service call me who could actually do something, and got a 730 euro refund for accrued over charges / mischarges.

This sounds like a bonus but it wasn't, I lost much more money because of them, but at least I got somewhere, where most people got no where.

I'm going to save my malice towards this company until I'm sitting on a plane next to a director of eircom, who was a director around this time and profited from their position, and then this director will never forget what I make him understand.

I think that people in these companies should be personally accountable for accrued frustrations caused by their incompetency, because at present they are unduly insulated behind sheilds of PR and switchboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

sheilds of swithboards!!!

sometimes its made so that you will not get through to a customer service rep. or at least it feels like that after an hour or so on hold.

well done TURBOT on actually following through, there are way to many of us that give up all too easily.

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Markieboy wrote:
    Who cares if it was a promotional product... doesn't ANYONE believe Eircom should give the consumer the choice to accept the upgrade...?
    What you, prechaun, dmulla and Trojan911 don't get is that the increase of €10 euro a month HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UPGRADE.

If there had been no upgrade you would still have had an increase of €10 a month from March. Why? Because that's what YOU SIGNED UP FOR.

If there's two kind of people I hate it's people who don't read the details of what they're signing up for and people who "eat the head off" customer support staff who don't have the power to do anything significant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

ah God! okay I realise lots come on here to rant, but to proudly proclaim you reduced someone to tears, that's shocking, OP. If you had any decency you would write to Eircom and apologise for being abusive to one of their CS staff.

This is the odd thing about some Irish people. After years of being told that we put up with poor customer service too meekly, some of us seem to think the way to resolve a problem is to go ballistic on the first person from the company we speak to. Check your facts, ask nicely. If ordinary staff can't help you, ask for management. Put it in writing. Most companies know that someone who puts their problem down on paper needs to be sorted. Phone ranters usually find some other hapless soul to vent on.

As previous posts said, most CS staff have little power. They are probably on low enough wages and have to take crap from bosses and customers. If you let them know that you're not a 'prick' they may be more inclined to bend rules for you, or give you a little inside info. At the very least, they can take your complaint to a supervisor in a sympathetic way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

OFDM wrote:
    What you, prechaun, dmulla and Trojan911 don't get is that the increase of €10 euro a month HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UPGRADE.

If there's two kind of people I hate it's people who don't read the details of what they're signing up for and people who "eat the head off" customer support staff who don't have the power to do anything significant.

OFDM,

My point is, whether or not the price increase has or hasn't anything to do with the upgrade I am not happy to pay €39.99 per month for Broadband irrespective of the upload/download speeds. I know what I signed for and I am happy with the package I am getting now. I approached Eircom and resolved my issue amicably knowing I would probably get what I asked for.

I don't beleive in being rude or bullying to call centre staff and if I had been on the end of Preachaun's tirade I would have informed him/her I was going to terminate his/her call & inform a supervisor of the abuse I had just received from a customer with a view to having him excluded from Eircom's services.

Cheers

TJ911...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭zippo22

prechaun wrote:
    ..... No extra cost my fackin arse. They are UNBELIEVABLE! What sort of people run this sort of outfit. GANGSTERS. These bastards should be takin out and shot. They're not worthy of livin. Wait till I get hold of some poor unfortunate nob on the phone. He'll want to quit after he's spoken to me.
    Rant over.
    I ate the head of yer one anyway and she started crying and called her supervisor. ....

You really are a nasty little piece of sh*t aren't you? After bullying and reducing somebody to tears did it make you feel like you were a big man ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Trojan911 wrote:
    OFDM,

My point is, whether or not the price increase has or hasn't anything to do with the upgrade I am not happy to pay €39.99 per month for Broadband irrespective of the upload/download speeds. I know what I signed for and I am happy with the package I am getting now. I approached Eircom and resolved my issue amicably knowing I would probably get what I asked for.

Hmm, are you saying that the folks at Eircom let you off €10 a month? I doubt it. They probably downgraded you. If you signed on today you would probably be paying the same price. That's fair enough, I'm sure many like you didn't want/need the extra speed. So, as others said, you are now saving €10/month over what you would have been charged if the upgrade didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

prechaun wrote:
    Wait till I get hold of some poor unfortunate nob on the phone. He'll want to quit after he's spoken to me.

Maybe if you had read your terms and conditions before ringing someone and acting like a knob on the phone .......

some people are such moany ***** and are never happy no matter how many free upgrades and introductory offers they get....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

curiosity wrote:
    Hmm, are you saying that the folks at Eircom let you off €10 a month? I doubt it. They probably downgraded you. If you signed on today you would probably be paying the same price. That's fair enough, I'm sure many like you didn't want/need the extra speed. So, as others said, you are now saving €10/month over what you would have been charged if the upgrade didn't happen.

Now I am confused!!!

I am still running on 2mbps download and 256kbps upload but I should charged €29.99 pm. Yesterday a package arrived from Eircom containing a welcome pack with a Netopia box within and the wiring to set up broadband......:confused:

TJ911...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

29.99 for 2048/256 is/was a promotional rate. The regular rate for that package is 39.99/month (including VAT).

.cg

Advertisement