Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question.

• 23-02-2006 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi I have downloaded Knoppix for cd the latest version as an Iso and burnt it
    It starts up grand until it gets to line start cardmgr and proceeds to crash and remain still, not doing anything?

Does anyone have a solution?

Is it possible for me to dual boot any kind of linux and install it easily without loosing all the data on my hard-drive like the last time i did it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

The cardmgr problem will go away if you add "nopcmcia" to the boot prompt, like this:
    knoppix nopcmcia

Every major distro provides the tools necessary for dual-booting, but if you're not happy about it, stick with Knoppix on CD for a while until you're a bit more familiar with Linux in general. Personally, I would recommend a bit of reading/research so that you know at least the basics of what needs to be done before you allow some automated system to (attempt to) do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

What make&&model is the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

tomk wrote:
    The cardmgr problem will go away if you add "nopcmcia" to the boot prompt, like this:
    knoppix nopcmcia

Every major distro provides the tools necessary for dual-booting, but if you're not happy about it, stick with Knoppix on CD for a while until you're a bit more familiar with Linux in general. Personally, I would recommend a bit of reading/research so that you know at least the basics of what needs to be done before you allow some automated system to (attempt to) do it for you.

Waheyy thank you I am using it now.

Advertisement