Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilization

Options
  • 23-02-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

How come when I make a political statement in Civ II by not creating any defence forces I still get attacked...

...Don't the other tribes get the idea that peace is best!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

They see you as a weakling, prime for an easy takeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Haha! Yes, maybe. The funny thing about Civ II is that a 'peace treaty' is not to be taken seriously. Perhaps the computer attempts to make a peace treaty with you when its defences are low.

Great game... ...All time great.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

the trick is destroy at the start

That is true but what I used to do was build up a strong empire first and then begin attacking. I never enjoyed attacking from the start - I felt that it ruined a good game. I like the idea of having enormous power coming from many large cities. On that note, I once arrived at the 'City Limit'. I tried to build a city having just conquered the 'world.mp' map only to be told that there were too many cities! I think the total was 274.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You don't create any defences for your nation and you expect this to be sufficient sign of good will to disuade all of the aggressive expansionists on your borders?

Not a good idea tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Chucky,

I played Civ II to dead years ago. I always threaten to reinstall it. The closest I got to is by playing FreeCiv. What do you think of it compared to Civ 2? I assumed you have tried it? :)

I haven't actually even heard of FreeCiv. It takes me a while to get into strategy games but when I do they dominate my life. I've learned my lesson from my days of playing Civ and Championship Manager non-stop. They honestly are damaging to health! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

the other thing to do was 100% investment in science from the start...ya know nuclear bomb when others have discovered musketmen

Haha! I remember those fun bits alright. Astonishingly I once had an Armour attack a Settler and the settler won! I wasn't disappointed - I laughed, for I had about 30 more Armours coming his way!

;)

Advertisement