Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Breaking Into A Car

Options
  • 23-02-2006 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone got any tips for breaking into a car? It's a '94 3dr Corsa. Just spent half an hour in the rain with a coat hanger. If I knew what I was supposed to be doing I'm sure it'd be a lot easier. It looks so easy in the movies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Anyone got any tips for breaking into a car? It's a '94 3dr Corsa. Just spent half an hour in the rain with a coat hanger. If I knew what I was supposed to be doing I'm sure it'd be a lot easier. It looks so easy in the movies!

Forget the coat hanger - a brick will be easier and won't bounce back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

It's Illegial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i think this is against rules no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anybody know where I can score some coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does anybody know where I can score some coke?

Godfather Pizza are giving away free Coke with every 12"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Oh come on, I broke into my Accent in two minutes with a coat hanger when I locked my keys in it outside the school. Granted I first had to get ahold of a coat hanger...!

On such an old car it should be easy. Remove the beading along the window (the rubber), reach the coat hanger down. Put a U in it and use the other end of the U to push up the button on the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

yeah I trid with a coat hanger in the u-shape just couldn't get it to hook the right area. Granted couldn't see what I was doing and it was bucketing rain. I'll just leave it tl the morning. Warned the Gardai I'd be trying to break into the car before I started and they were very excited and said they'd pop down and give a hand once it stopped raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

A bike lock key of mine,snapped off in the lock once. So i had to take the front wheel off and walk the bike home. Next day i went into the guards and asked them-they were queing up to help me out. We were only around the corner from the wheel,literally 150yards. They told me to get in the car and theyd drive down-which made no sense to me as the traffic was terrible. We got to the wheel,then the two of them used a 4ft long bolt cutters to open the lock.They said it was one of the sturdier ones-took 5long minutes. They were great though,always happy to help. And on a side note Raleigh sent me out 4 new locks to replace the one i had.
    Hope you get it out,if not is there a small half window on any of the doors that you could smash and replace with a scrappys window.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Offer a friendly local gurrier a tenner and he'll have it done in a couple of minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wheres a Mod when you need one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭richardson2525

Just in case anyone had any doubts it IS my car!! It's quite common that people lose a key! Anyway I had one other idea, can Opel give me a key code if I give them the reg and VIN. Then I could just take the code to the locksmiths ad they could cut a new key for me for 5 quid. Will a dealer know what lock is on a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I find with old Corsas you can just bend the door frame out!

If anyone has dubious methods for breaking into cars please do not post them. I'd hate to ban anyone for not using PMs!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Just in case anyone had any doubts it IS my car!! It's quite common that people lose a key! Anyway I had one other idea, can Opel give me a key code if I give them the reg and VIN. Then I could just take the code to the locksmiths ad they could cut a new key for me for 5 quid. Will a dealer know what lock is on a car?

yeah drive it down to the local opel garage.....

Do'h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

this happened to me, if u have hibernian assistance they will come out an open it for free and it doesnot affect ur insurance.i locked my keys in the car last summer.and rang them and they were here and opened the door in less than 1hr.
    they have special tools for it,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

drdre wrote:
    this happened to me, if u have hibernian assistance they will come out an open it for free and it doesnot affect ur insurance.i locked my keys in the car last summer.and rang them and they were here and opened the door in less than 1hr.
    they have special tools for it,
    I have this image of a guy turning up in a transit with lots of tools, and in one box theres a skanger on a lead. lol :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

delly wrote:
    I have this image of a guy turning up in a transit with lots of tools, and in one box theres a skanger on a lead. lol :v:
    That would be priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

delly wrote:

Post of the week :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Used to be able to use a saw or even lollipop/ice-pop sticks to open the locks on my dads old cars

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

delly wrote:
    and in one box theres a skanger on a lead. lol :v:
    ROFL

skanger on a leadTM

Have had to use the old coat hanger meself. Scumbag who stole it broke two windows, kid/incompetent moron..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Its an old car so it would be pretty easy to open. I can do it, but not going to give directions. I learnt by calling a locksmith. Takes about 7 secs to open a door (for the year of your model). I suggest you call a locksmith too and then ask them to cut a second key for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Give the door a kick. Sometimes the lock pops up, on old cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ROFL

skanger on a leadTM

Have had to use the old coat hanger meself. Scumbag who stole it broke two windows, kid/incompetent moron..

Pffft. Why would you break two windows to steal a coathanger. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

if your insurance covers glass breakage, smash a fly window and open up the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

delly wrote:

Is that on a lead/leash or a power cable? Does the skanger need plugging in!?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

mike65 wrote:
    Is that on a lead/leash or a power cable? Does the skanger need plugging in!?

Mike.

Only if he isn't buzzin'

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

maidhc wrote:
    Only if he isn't buzzin'
    :D Quick reply and funny

Its a 94 corsa. Nobody would want to rob it so help the guy out :)

To get in I reccomend smashing every window and panel with a sledge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ronoc wrote:
    Its a 94 corsa. Nobody would want to rob it so help the guy out :)

To get in I reccomend smashing every window and panel with a sledge.
    Actually older cars that don't have an electronic key are favorite targets, break a windows with a length of pipe that you then use to break the stearing lock and barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Actually older cars that don't have an electronic key are favorite targets, break a windows with a length of pipe that you then use to break the stearing lock and barrel.

One word. Disklok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Its isnt that easy to break a steering lock. I tried once and failed (legitimate reasons). The steering wheel bent instead... Shifted the car with a JCB in the end! :)

Advertisement