Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Placebo

• 23-02-2006 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

To the best of my knowledge Placebo have never played a gig here or have they or does anyone know if they plan on coming to Ireland?

They are playing a couple of gigs in England and Scotland in May can't understand why they wont play Ireland im sure they would sell out?

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/tour/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I saw them at Witnness and they have played here loads before that afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

As you're soon to be informed they played the Olympia, at least. It was a few years back.

They're playing Oxegen, probably the bes reason to attend after Sigur Ros. If they're playing Oxegen they've gotta be playing another gig here too so I'd say its fairly certain they'll do a gig here this time round. There was a topic about this reallllly recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I saw them at Witnness and they have played here loads before that afaik.

Really?Is that the old witness?I've only really gotten into them since last year through a mate of mine but some of their stuff is really good but i was told they never played here but the person was obviously wrong :o:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thread already in rock/metal section
    and ofcourse they have played here LOADS of times.
    and oxygen in july 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Kazaanova wrote:
    As you're soon to be informed they played the Olympia, at least. It was a few years back.

They're playing Oxegen, probably the bes reason to attend after Sigur Ros. If they're playing Oxegen they've gotta be playing another gig here too so I'd say its fairly certain they'll do a gig here this time round. There was a topic about this reallllly recently.
    Fu*k me your right good stuff,the only other acts i was really into Oxegen were Primal Scream and Franz Ferdinand and Felix Da Housecat but now Placebo cool :)

http://www.oxegen.ie/lineup/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

jonny68 wrote:
    Really?Is that the old witness?I've only really gotten into them since last year through a mate of mine but some of their stuff is really good but i was told they never played here but the person was obviously wrong :o:)

Well I saw them at Witnness 2001 I think it was. Very good gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

new album is very good i have to say.. not amazing but better than their last. I'm very excited about this. Sigur Ros and placebo in the one day?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I saw them at the SFX, it was around the time of their second album, excellent band really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Didn't they play three gigs over the course of the year (I know they played at least two) when they released Without You I'm Nothing? And then Witnness a few years later. I think that was with Black Market Music. Did they tour Sleeping With Ghosts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

no they did not come here for it. grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Kazaanova wrote:
    If they're playing Oxegen they've gotta be playing another gig here too

I really really hope so. It's great they're playing Oxegen but I'll be disappointed if they don't play their own headline in Ireland.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

saw them several times here!
    They played Whealens before, they played the SFX, and they played the Olympia (only to stop when the roof started falling on them?!!)
    Wittness too I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Cannot wait to see them at oxegen...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

They recorded their first album in Dublin too, at Westland studios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

speedy21 wrote:
    saw them several times here!
    They played Whealens before, they played the SFX, and they played the Olympia (only to stop when the roof started falling on them?!!)
    Wittness too I think
    yeah i was there for that gig, they brought down the house, unbelievable band live. I've seen them 4 times and they've always impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They played Slane one year too.

is this some sort of contest ?
    well, i have this on vinyl
    bruise%20pristine.jpg

seen em at olympia 2000, not impressed with new album, not too bothered about oxygen. Does aNYONE have EYEM live version

Wow that's cool*

*Not that I think there was a competition but if there was one you just whipped everyone elses asses....:p

hahah goodbuzz,

seriously though new album ?
    Meds, Blind, PostBlue = very good tracks
    but stuff like Drag seem like besides.

its starting to grow on me but id put this last if i was to put them in order of amazingNess

I haven't heard their new album yet so can't really give an honest opinion :o
    I know I know I'm terrible..I'll go bury my head in shame..
    Best Placebo album....Without You I'm Nothing
    Is their new album as electronicy as SWG?

• Advertisement

yeah fairly electro, but songs like "Placebo-Pierrot_The_Clown" - wha ?
    Half of it is not placebo, theyve been gone for a long time and they just didnt come back with a big enough bang, i think the whole PLACEBO explosion in France/Germany leads to the whole sell out story [big headed]? not sure, i lost most of my intrest when they continued to play france/germany and dissed ireland. Followed by the release of SWG+BESIDES [ok fair enough] then the singles, then there was something else... lost interest.

think albums out next week, worth a listen if youre a fan anyway

Yeah fair enough I still think they're deadly though....:p
    I'll buy it when I've got the money hopefully it won't disappoint too much.

Advertisement