Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Serenity" Aussie Special Features / Serenity DVD Release..

• 23-02-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭

Got a hold of the special features which are exclusive to the Aussie DVD of "Serenity" (think some are on the UK one as well) but some very good stuff on it.

Try and track it down!

The 55 minute Q&A with Joss Whedon at a screening in Sydney is good viewing.

PS - "Serenity" should be showing up on video shelves around Ireland tomorrow (Friday 24th) so start telling friends who weren't up for it in the cinema to rent it / buy it / support it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

oh goodie....the aussie version has more stuff?

actually which is the best version of the dvd to buy or are they all mostly the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RuggieBear wrote:
    actually which is the best version of the dvd to buy or are they all mostly the same?
    DVDCompare.net is your friend!

Aussie version seems to be the best as it's got that second disc full of stuff that's nowhere else as far as i can see.

These are the extra special features i got anyways (and they're on Disc 2 of the Australian edition):
    Joss Whedon Q&A Session from Fox Studios, Sydney (55.41)
    "Take A Walk On Serenity" -featurette (4:06)
    "The Green Clan" Featurette (3:06)
    4 Extended Scenes:
    - Extended Fanty & Mingo
    - Extended Mal & Inara Wave
    - Extended Mal & Operative In Companion Training House
    - Mal & Inara Shuttle Improv

nice one...that's exactly what i've been looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The exclusive extras on the Aussie DVD are all pretty average really though - they're not bad or anything but don't add a whole lot either. Except for the Q&A which is pretty damn interesting and as always, Whedon is hilarious!

The extended scenes are quite average. There's a Fruity Oats Bar easter egg which i think is on all editions which is pretty cool and the tour on the ship with Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Joss Whedon and an appearance by Adam Baldwin is pretty good too but a bit short.

how do i get my hands on the oz version....cdwow refuses to find any version for me at the moment which is baffling:confused:

strange..when i'm logged on to cdwow "serenity" can not be found...solved by logging out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I got mine here. and I got the one with the shiny tin. Definately worth the extra cost. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/mech/quicksearch.zml?f=title&q=serenity&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

does anyone know if the 2 disc Aussie set on CDwow is the set in the tin, or do I need to get it from Australia?

i'd say it's not. it seemed to be a special edition solely from that aussie etailer.

Just bought the r2 version in HMV today for 19.79 with student discount.

I believe tesco have it for 19.99

Advertisement