Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4th week in Treatment centre..Tough !

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Fantastic news about being offered your job back. The fear is natural, try to break what worries you down into smaller problems that you feel equipped to deal with. I find that easier than dealing with whatever monster of a problem I feel I'm facing dow in my head.

Hang tough man, and kudos all 'round :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you having any good moments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

thats great they offered you your job back! use this as incentive to stay on the wagon, as its definitely something you need to keep busy and not think about drinking. being unemployed after leaving the treatment centre could leave you bored, disheartened if you have trouble finding another job, and you could end up drinking again.
    best of luck again! you're clearly making great progress if you were asked to return! keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Victor wrote:
    Are you having any good moments?
    Yes,i am with a greet group,Doctor,Junior council,plumber,student,housewife, and me ! We have great craic in the evenings and at meals etc, and we have all become very close. We laugh and cry together,we are there for each other because we all have a common bond...Alcohism. We share everything,Money cigs, mobiles,contacts etc.There are no secrets as each of us has heard the most intimate,disturbing,scary things,not from each other,but from scared, frightned,worried, wives,children,brothers,sisters etc..Its all out in the open in this group,so yes Victor, we do have our good moments...Nearly there...5 more days here, but a lifetimes work ahead ! I am up for it...Goodnight all and thanks again...Regards M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

New leaf wrote:
    Yes,i am with a greet group,Doctor,Junior council,plumber,student,housewife, and me ! We have great craic in the evenings and at meals etc, and we have all become very close. We laugh and cry together,we are there for each other because we all have a common bond...Alcohism. We share everything,Money cigs, mobiles,contacts etc.There are no secrets as each of us has heard the most intimate,disturbing,scary things,not from each other,but from scared, frightned,worried, wives,children,brothers,sisters etc..Its all out in the open in this group,so yes Victor, we do have our good moments...Nearly there...5 more days here, but a lifetimes work ahead ! I am up for it...Goodnight all and thanks again...Regards M

Nice work. Not only are you looking at the light at the end of the tunnel now, you are practically at the end of it. You've come a long way from week 1 and I think you know that. If at all possible, I think you guys should stay in contact when the treatment ends. If nothing else you can give each other support when required. You know it's not over, but you've come a long long way from your lowest ebb. Be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

New leaf wrote:

Yes, well done mate. You are doing a great job in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Well done on getting so far - as someone said try and keep in contact with the group after you finish the treatment. You will all be going through the same experiences so you will not feel so alone. Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nice one. Good to see you got through last week, tough and all as it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just found this - Best of luck to you M/Newleaf

Your posts brought back a lot of memories for me,particularly 'Family Day' (wipes cold sweat off brow!)

Stick with it - it probably saved my life and made a new man of me and it will for you too.

Almost 12 years and I haven't looked back,you won't believe how life can change.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, Just finished my first week back at work, I was a bit freaked going back as everyone in work knew where I had been. I should not have worried as everyone was great and supportive. They have organised a night out next week especially for me, Bowling and then a nice meal for my wife and I, no pubs and all 26 of my workmates are going. What a great bunch. I go to my aftercare on tuesday nights and AA another 2 nights. I am sleeping like a baby and my wife is so proud of me. Thanks to all on Boards for the huge support I received over the weeks, It really got me through. Regards.. M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Congratulations new leaf. Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've been reading this from about Week 2 I think.

I could never think of something to say in reply, but can I just add my "Fair play to you" comment.

I'm glad it's turning out so well for you, it was harrowing reading at times, as I'm sure the process was for you. The time you said you'd walked out was the worst part of the whole thing, for me reading it, but I was so glad you went back that time.

I've never been through anything like this with a family member or friend, but your workmates sound brilliant, as do your wife and family. You have a really good bunch of family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

New leaf, are you still around? Just wondering how you are getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

ya I'd love to hear how this is going!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dragging up old threads is a big no no.
    If New Leaf wishes to come back and tell us, he is more than welcome.
    Until then, leave him be.
    B

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement