Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon Business DSL Speeds

• 24-02-2006 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

weve have eircons business dsl package in our office for about 3 years now, originally stared off as a 1024/128 line and has been upgraded over the years and currently appears to be 5120/something ;) , anyway recently the speeds have been nothing short of appalling irishisptest.com never gives us a speed result higher than 1.6 - 1.9 mb , anyone else experiencing this kinds of performance impact? we are in the kevin st region , not sure if it is exchange related or if eircons whole network is pants. is there any point even ringing some cretin in customer support? ther never has been before. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Join the club m8,there are many here reporting bad performance from eircom.
    Irishisptest i dont trust as it gives me bad results all the time yet i can download files from uk @ 330kbps.
    My problem is fluctuating pings to game servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'd take that irishisptest.com with a pinch of salt.Never get more than 2.2mbits/s ish on my 3mb line but always max out @ 310kB/sec downloading from any reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

carbsy wrote:
    I'd take that irishisptest.com with a pinch of salt.Never get more than 2.2mbits/s ish on my 3mb line but always max out @ 310kB/sec downloading from any reliable source.

:v:
    Try this to test your connection speed

http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

getting 134kbps on my 3mb connection:(

Advertisement