Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new kitchen appliance going kersplat

Options
  • 24-02-2006 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just asking advice, although I suspect I know the answer.

Last weekend, bought a kitchen appliance, a blender thing in DID. Used it three times, worked fine. On the fourth use, it made a very odd noise, followed by a loud crack, got hot, and then didnt work any more. The little spinning wheel at the bottom of the jug flew off and wont go back on, meaning the blades cant spin any more.
    I'm wondering am I entitled to a replacement or refund? Problem is, I threw out the packaging (Doh) and I also dont have the reciept (Double doh) I did buy it on credit card though, so would a copy of my statement from online banking act as a receipt? Also, will they replace it without the box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

using your credit card statement is better than any receipt so that that covered

as for packaging, why?you wern't expecting it to break were you

As for the product been replaced it should be no problem just bring it back and dont take any guff off them saying it was not used as it should be etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Definite replacement or repair. Should be a refund if you say it was broken from the get-go which it pretty much was. Not sure about packaging and always wondered about it. Especially as these days you can dump the empty packaging back to the shop. You could always say you did leave the packaging there if questioned.

Advertisement