Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skating Rink in Dublin??

Options
  • 24-02-2006 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a skating rink in Dublin? I thought there might be one at UCD or at one of the uni's, but I can't seem to find one. I'm looking for a place that rents out skates, too.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

This is an Athletics' forum. Try Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

none in dublin anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

helios wrote:
    Does anyone know if there's a skating rink in Dublin? I thought there might be one at UCD or at one of the uni's, but I can't seem to find one. I'm looking for a place that rents out skates, too.

thanks!

There's none - except at Christmas.
    There used to be two but the closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Downtime wrote:
    There's none - except at Christmas.
    There used to be two but the closed down.

They were death traps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Belfast is our only bet at the moment. I go up every once and a while with a local ice hockey team.

I myself would love one to be in dublin. There use to be one in Dolphins barn and another in Phisbrough both gone years now.

There are talks of the councils putting something together but who knows.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/PressReleases/DunLaoghaireBaths.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 x_TC_x

They really should re-open one. Could imagine the sort of people they would get though.... hmmm.... maybe somewhere respectable? x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It doesn't really matter where they open an ice rink, for some strange reason ice skating attracts skangers like a magnet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 x_TC_x

Hahaha I actually went three times in the RDS at Christmas and not once was the place crowded with skangers. Then again, Funderland was cheaper... x

Advertisement