Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chihuahua's

• 24-02-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I gotta admit that I am not looking for one....but where would you get one in this country? I've never seen them for sale anywhere, online or else where. Just curious. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would suggest to contact the Irish Kennel Club and get breeders addresses off them ...

BTW ...I think it's a good sign that one has to actively search for a Chi breeder in Ireland ...at least it reduces the likelihood of there being any irresponsible "Chi-dealers" out there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 musicnotes

i agree with peasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

peasant wrote: »
    I would suggest to contact the Irish Kennel Club and get breeders addresses off them ...

BTW ...I think it's a good sign that one has to actively search for a Chi breeder in Ireland ...at least it reduces the likelihood of there being any irresponsible "Chi-dealers" out there ...

I remember watching a programme on canine pregnancy and among others they featured a chihuahua, but said that they have the highest percentage of C-section births and the smallest litters (usually only 1 or 2) due to the fact that they have been bred smaller and smaller over the years and depending on the line they were bred with - the bitch usually cannot delivery naturally.

I'm sure this would deter most "dealers" as low litters and surgical intervention would lower their profit margins.

Advertisement