Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap tyres with free delivery

• 24-02-2006 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    i heard there is a site online that delivers tyres for free!
    wats teh web addres
    thanks lads
    therewas already a thread on this in 'bargain alerts' but i cant locate it
    thanks lads
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah eiretyres.com are the best i have heard of, the only problemis getting the tryes on to alloys if you have them on your car. garages will charge you to put them on if you donot buy the tyres from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I've also purchased from them and would definately do so again in the future. Bear in mind that you will have to pay anythign from €10 up to €20 to have each of the tyres fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How can you be sure which ones to get?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

How about reading the tyres on your car at the mo!!

They give the size;)

And if you need reviews google is your friend

Mik

• Advertisement

yeah just read the tyres on the car.and buy the same ones or a different brand name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I guessed that but wanted to make sure, but it was more concerning what tyre to go for. I wont be going more than 120kmph, and will be using them for general road use in Ireland. My car isn't worth spending money on nice looking ones and hopefully I wont be hanging onto my current car for much long either. I'm not prepared to spend any more than I have to on a pair either;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

Isn't some place behind the cherry tree pub suppost to be good value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

If your looking for Tyres, I searched everywhere for good value and the best I got was from a Tyre fitter in coolmine Dave Mcann, he put 4 X Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 A 225/45 R17 91Y for 155 each...they cost 144.30 on eiretyres.com...for 155 including install and balancing of the wheels, best value I have seen around. He does all top brands, he was telling me that he can do them much cheaper than anywere else, as he orders them all in from germany and stores them in a warehoues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Dave McCann is great value, if you need something specific if you give him 3 or 4 weeks notice he'll get them for you, has only ever been a few euro more than eiretyres on anything i ever looked for and with the fitting and balancing like heffsarmy says is great value

ps i am in no way affiliated with Dave McCann just a satisfied customer on many occasions :)

• Advertisement

where is dave mccann based in coolmine. is it beside the 3in1 takeaway.or beside that windscreen place in the industrial estate

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Colly wrote:

I got a price for tyres off dave mccann before, he was the second cheapest, the cheapest was roundabout tyres at the back of the cherry tree pub on the walkinstown roundabout. I got Bridgestone Potenza RE720, I had pirelli p6000 before these and must say the Potenza are much better, they have lasted longer and are miles better in the wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Any one got a phone no for Dave McCann, or an email address :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

dingding wrote:
    Any one got a phone no for Dave McCann, or an email address :):)

Dave mcCann
    Coolmine Industrial Estate
    Telephone:- (087) 2500365 or 01-8202221

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

This shop is cheaper then eiretyres : http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s16p0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

rai555 wrote: »
    This shop is cheaper then eiretyres : http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s16p0

Yes I ordered some tyres last week from Camskill and they were approx 20% cheaper than Eiretyres for the model I wanted.

Just 48hrs for Delivery.

This saving paid for the fitting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Were they cheaper than them 3 years ago?

ch750536 wrote: »
    Were they cheaper than them 3 years ago?

not so sure , but is there any difference currently ? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

drdre wrote: »
    yeah eiretyres.com are the best i have heard of, the only problemis getting the tryes on to alloys if you have them on your car. garages will charge you to put them on if you donot buy the tyres from them

Worked out more expensive then the local garrages here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

I did a tour around my locoal tyre outlets in Galway City and I think Camskill.co.uk was working out alot cheaper per tyre even when taking into account paying extra 12.50 a corner to fit them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

+1 for Camskill

+1 for Camskill

Ordered from Camskill on saturday and tyres been delivered today ( tuesday ) , that's superfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

There is another UK tyre shop that delivers to Ireland and is cheaper per tyre than either Eiretyres (free delivery)or Camskill (£12 per delivery), www.blackcircles.com I have no idea how much postage is, you must call first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi ,

ordered my set of 4 tyres from Camskill on Wednesday ( night ) and they were delivered on Friday morning.

Got all 4 fitted for ONLY 40e from Autowise in Naas Industrial Estate ( 045 856050 ) and that included new valves and balancing.

hope this helps someone else.

brendan
    Ordered from Camskill on saturday and tyres been delivered today ( tuesday ) , that's superfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bgibbo

Call Rolling tyres (087) 7655464 and give them the tyre size. They gave me a great quote and came and fitted and balanced them the next day no hastles. They run a mobile fitting service Edgeworthstown to Dublin so they cover some ground. I got 4 205/55/16 Pirreli P7 for €82.00 each fitted and balanced. I could not beat this price any where. I made about 20 calls. So how I am:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I had to get two new tyres recently and did a fair bit of shopping around for them both online and on the phone. Ended up buying two continental tyres from www.blackcircles.co.uk. All in I spent approx €300 (a lot I know - they were "special" tyres) and saved over €100 versus local waterford quotes after paying €30 to get them fitted. You need to call them for delivery to Ireland but it's really simple. Delivery charge was ~ £15. At the time I bought they had really good prices for continental and michelin tyres but not so much so on goodyear (didn't look at others).

Here in Waterford I had to do some ringing around before I found a fitter that would fit the tyres - a lot of them will only fit their own tyres. In the end I consulted the eiretyres site - they list fitters who will fit their tyres in your locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Yoda08

My petrol head friends all rave about www.camskill.co.uk for a good variety of tyres and cheaper prices than buying tyres here. Downside is there are some delivery costs along with the inevitable fitting and balancing costs with whoever fits your tyres. Also some garages will not take your old tyres from you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry for bumping an old thread but just got two tyres at Roundabout Tyres at the Cherry Tree Walkinstown. Got two good year wranglers H rated for 170 euro each (Nissan pathfinder) including fitting,balancing and disposal of old tyres. Did a bit of searching on the net and they seemed close enough in price to Uk sites to warrant keeping the VAT here. Very fast and friendly service, it was busy with about 6 cars there but I was out in 30 mins.

Colly wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Tony wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but just got two tyres at Roundabout Tyres at the Cherry Tree Walkinstown. Got two good year wranglers H rated for 170 euro each (Nissan pathfinder) including fitting,balancing and disposal of old tyres. Did a bit of searching on the net and they seemed close enough in price to Uk sites to warrant keeping the VAT here. Very fast and friendly service, it was busy with about 6 cars there but I was out in 30 mins.

they're sound lads up there.. they fit new rubber to loose rims for 10 or 15 quid too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Anyone on the Northside should stick their head into a tyre crowd up in Airside swords beside streamline kitchens. The in-law was looking for a set of four so I pointed him in the direction of a lad up our way in Drogheda who is very cheap for main brands like Mitch/dunlop etc. He quoted him €70 a corner, so he used this price to barter with the airside lad who came down from €120 per corner to €75. Extra €5 but saved him a drive. From what I remember he drives one of the big volvo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭larry1

Sandyford tyres on the Sandyford road have always been great value and good customer service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

dont foget guys and gals.
    the tyres are required to have an "E" mark located on them,
    if they dont, they wont pass the NCT.
    and Joe cant do anything for you but say "sure, sure"

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

The front two tyres need changing and I want to replace them with the same type of Michelins.

Searched around online (camskil, eiretyres etc) and found this crowd pneus-online which doesn't seem to be mentioned here before. They worked out €10 per tyre cheaper then anywhere else and free delivery when 2 or more are delivered. They had a huge selection for my tyre size but considering I got near 3 years out of the current Michelins, I stuck with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement