Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant move, delete or do anything with some files

• 24-02-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

hi,

I have a weird problem on a NT4 Server. There is a number of files that I cannot delete, move or do anything with. Access Denied. The backup software will not backup the files (access denied). I have tried taking ownership of the files, but I still get access denied even when doing that???? The files are not system files, their files from workstations on the network that have been saved onto the server

All the workstations are macs :(

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

dunno if this will work in this situation but try this for deleting: (works on my winxp machine)

open a dos command window.
    Ctrl+Alt+DEl and open task manager
    select Processes tab and kill the explorer process
    go back to dos window and from there delete the directories\files using the del command.
    once all files have been deleted go back to Task Manager and select "File->New Task (Run)" and type "explorer" hit return. files should be gone now.

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

ah right thanks, I tried that on my own machine and it worked. I'll give it a shot on monday when i'm on the server, Ta ;)

Advertisement