Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Celica or Audi A4?

Options
  • 24-02-2006 11:50am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Mate of mine is hyming and hauging over getting a new car.

He is bringing in from UK, he has seen 2 he likes, one is a 2002 A4 130bhp 1.9 diesel with quattro kit, looks very well. he can land this for just over 20k euro all in

He has now spotted a 2003 Toyota Celica 1.8 Premium Pack Coupe which he can land for 19.5k euro, this is a 1.8 petrol, fulll leather, a classy navy and really looks well, in the pics anyway!!!

Now to me the celica is a bit of a girly car and that a 1.8 petrol would be harder for him to shift private when he goes to sell and that the A4 with the nice kit on it will move a lot faster if he wants to sell it.

What you think? Anyone driven either?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ok mate of mine just sold his Celica and bought a 02 Passat 130Bhp 6-speed gearbox. Now the Audi would more or less be the same as the Passat and his is an import as well. He loves the Passat and says he cant belive he didnt swap the Celica earlier for one, he tested drove my Passat a while back.

So if I was him would go with Audi! cheaper to run as well. The diesel engine on them go and go and go! my passat on a full tank will do 500-600 miles before a refill is required

Oh yeah the Audi is more expensive than the Passat so the interior is a little nicer but the engine is more or less the same as the Passat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Two totally different cars..

One is a 'fun' coupe.. the other is a family saloon with some sports appeal.

It's hard where to know to start comparing the two really :confused:

The Celica is a 1.8 so I wouldn't let that aspect put him off. Not like say, a 2.0 Focus Vs a 1.6 one. The Celica comes in that engine, full stop, so if someone wants a Celica they'll know the engine size and what to expect.

I'd imagine the A4 feels a bit more alive due to a lot of torque, a decent amount of BHP and a turbo, compared with a VVTI engine which is pokey but requires a bit more 'winding up' to get going.

Unless the A4 is Quattro, I'd say the Celica will handle quite a bit better.

Advertisement