Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Limits

Options
  • 24-02-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question in relation to credit card limits

I thought there was a law introduced recently preventing credit card companies increasing your credit limit without your knowledge.

I ask because I find that my limit has been increased by €800 and it is news to me.

I have since asked the company to return the limit to its previous level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yeah they should inform you but I think they assume a higher limit is some sort of privilege to the card holder so no need to inform them. I never heard about the law though.

Dont want to hi-jack thread but dont think this needs a new one. Another question- how do credit card companies make money if you pay your bill by direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is a retail charge AFAIK but most of their money comes from the considerable (my guess) number of us who don't clear it every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Quick question in relation to credit card limits

I thought there was a law introduced recently preventing credit card companies increasing your credit limit without your knowledge.

I ask because I find that my limit has been increased by €800 and it is news to me.

This happened to me also recently. I think that the credit card companies raised limits recently before this new law takes effect.

Advertisement