Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I forward IOL to gmail

Options
  • 24-02-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Ok so gmail does not allow you collect mail using pop, so I am trying to figure out a way to get my IOL mail forwarded to my Gmail, can it be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Check the IOL webmail interface, might allow you to forward all messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

dbnavan wrote:
    Ok so gmail does not allow you collect mail using pop, so I am trying to figure out a way to get my IOL mail forwarded to my Gmail, can it be done?

Gmail does allow POP...

To autofwd all IOL mail to another address log into

http://mailman.iol.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

I saw your query and I'll answer it with a poem

Can I forward the mail ?
    Can I hammer the nail ?
    Will IOL help me send it ?
    Every single bit ?

Things just ain't the same for gangsters,
    Cops put boys in handcuffs for saying stuff.
    I need to get my keys now Hillary.
    I am indeed coming to my dog party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Matfinn wrote:
    I saw your query and I'll answer it with a poem

Can I forward the mail ?
    Can I hammer the nail ?
    Will IOL help me send it ?
    Every single bit ?

Things just ain't the same for gangsters,
    Cops put boys in handcuffs for saying stuff.
    I need to get my keys now Hillary.
    I am indeed coming to my dog party.
    wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,227 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

dbnavan wrote:
    Ok so gmail does not allow you collect mail using pop

Yes it does!

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=1555

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes this can be done
    And it is so easy it can be fun!!
    Go to the link that Boggles has said
    And don't watch Father Ted!! :rolleyes:

LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Boggles wrote:

Thats the opposite way around collect gmail through pop

shamalive wrote:
    Gmail does allow POP...

To autofwd all IOL mail to another address log into

http://mailman.iol.ie/

Thanks shamalive solution found.....

Thread may now be closed solution found.

dbnavan wrote:
    Thats the opposite way around collect gmail through pop

What do you mean?

Boggles wrote:
    What do you mean?

The link you put up discribed how to collect your gmail using something like outlook or thunderbird what I was trying to do was get gmail to collect mail of another server such as IOL or eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

dbnavan wrote:
    The link you put up discribed how to collect your gmail using something like outlook or thunderbird what I was trying to do was get gmail to collect mail of another server such as IOL or eircom.
    Eh? That makes no sense. An email account can't collect mail from another account. It can recieve email from another account.

And that link was posted because you claimed gmail did not support POP. I recommend you investigate the differences between a Mail User Agent and a Mail Transfer Agent

Syth wrote:
    Eh? That makes no sense. An email account can't collect mail from another account. It can recieve email from another account.

And that link was posted because you claimed gmail did not support POP. I recommend you investigate the differences between a Mail User Agent and a Mail Transfer Agent

Yeah that's why I was surprised that I answered the question that was asked correctly and was still wrong.

Syth wrote:

What I wanted to do was get my IOL emails to be forwarded to my Gmail interface, instead of reading my mails through outlook or thunderbird. the link that was question by me showed how to send and recieve email though gmail from an outlook or thunderbird interface,

the problem has been solved if you dont understand it thats your problem, having worked in the IT inidustry for last 8 years i think i know the differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

mailman is a class website, I've setup both my iol accounts to forward to my gmail account, does any know does eircom have a similar forwarding option??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 daffodil21

Has anyone tried to login to mailman.iol and the browser comes up with an 'out of date certificate' for the site ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Zombie thread locked.
    Could be a temporary server issue the certificate problem. Make a new thread if you still are having problems :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement