Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlelands Development, Balbriggan

• 24-02-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Was a meeting in the town last night about this new development.

Ment to have about 10,000 apartments which will be of 5 stories or more.

Found this on Fingal County Council's Site. Anyone got anymore info on this outrageous developmet??

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/Services/Planning/PlanningItemsOnDisplay/CastlelandsBalbrigganSEDraftLAP/
    Castlelands Draft Local Area Plan
    PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 - 2002

FINGAL COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2005

DRAFT CASTLELANDS LOCAL AREA PLAN

The lands are zoned ‘RS1’

"To provide for new residential communities in accordance with approved local area plans and subject to the provision of the necessary social and physical infrastructure".

Fingal County Council has complied with the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004, in respect of the preparation of this Draft Local Area Plan.

The Draft Local Area Plan has been prepared following initial public consultation and will be open to public inspection from Wednesday, 18th January, 2006, to Wednesday 1st March, 2006 at the following locations:-

Fingal County Council Offices:

County Hall, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin - Mon - Thur 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Fri 9.00 am – 4.30 pm

Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 - Mon - Thur 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Fri 9.00 am – 4.30 pm

Balbriggan Town Council, BEAT Centre, Stephenstown Ind. Estate, Balbriggan: Mon -Fri 9.00 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m. www.fingalcoco.ie /PlanningItemsonDisplay

Representations with respect to the Draft Local Area Plan made in writing to Fingal County Council within the said period Wednesday, 18th January, 2006, to Wednesday 1st March, 2006 will be taken into consideration by the Council before making the Local Area Plan.

Such representations should be addressed to: Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main St, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin. Alternatively, they can be e-mailed to devplan@fingalcoco.ie .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Unbelieveable. Did you attend the meeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Are these going to be council flats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

So all that they are doing is putting a draft plan in place to show intention to use this land for housing.

There's no planning permission in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

It's hardly surprising anymore. Balbriggan has been pissed on from a height in recent years when it comes to housing and infrastucture. The quality(no diversity, little green areas) and quantity (doznes of new estates, no amenities) of the housing is farcical, I really fear what the area will be like in 5-10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

It's hardly surprising anymore. Balbriggan has been pissed on from a height in recent years when it comes to housing and infrastucture. The quality(no diversity, little green areas) and quantity (doznes of new estates, no amenities) of the housing is farcical, I really fear what the area will be like in 5-10 years.

here here mate,

i am a balbriggan man all my life and the town is just getting worse and worse. How are people accepting the changes that are being made. I for one wont. It is a town that is heading towards untold trouble in the next few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

sgarvan wrote:
    here here mate,

i am a balbriggan man all my life and the town is just getting worse and worse. How are people accepting the changes that are being made. I for one wont. It is a town that is heading towards untold trouble in the next few years

I am fully with you on this lads,
    Kind of depressing really in that I had a very happy up-bringing here and am planning my big day for next year with the hope of settling in Balbriggan and trying to give my family a similar rearing to mine, alas this cannot possibly happen in the developing zoo that is our hometown.
    Much as I hate to say it, I can see myself moving away as I can forsee trouble on the horizon and a very unsavoury environment for living in and raising a family.
    I really hope that I am proved wrong about this but I am not feeling too optimistic about it. It looks downhill all the way from here for poor old Balbriggan.
    Thank you very much Developers and planners.......:mad: :( :mad:

Bluetonic wrote:
    So all that they are doing is putting a draft plan in place to show intention to use this land for housing.

There's no planning permission in place.

as far as I know the plans went into the council in 2002 with a total different development taking place now, as the plans have been changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thats pretty typical of the crap that goes on in the town.

"Sure lets stick up another few thousand apartments."
    "But what about schools and services for the area?"
    "Pffft....how will I make money from that?!"

:mad:

• Advertisement

With the current rate of housing and the current trend of crime increasing, I dont want to even think about what Balbriggan will be link when all the young kids grow up and have nothing to do. It's all leading to big trouble. Thankyou fingalcoco :mad: :mad:

Old Balbriggan:
    Here
    Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

^ Wasn't the Grand Hotel lovely! ha,ha
    The oul lad got food poisoning in there on my communion day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Don Johnson

sgarvan wrote:
    as far as I know the plans went into the council in 2002 with a total different development taking place now, as the plans have been changed

Did Fingal Co Co make a decision on this planning yet? There was a small note on the Independent on Friday stating that a local builder received planning to build 110 duplex apts at Castlelands which was part of a MAJOR residential development in that area...
    Any information would be helpful as I am considering moving to Balbriggan in the near future.

there was permission given a while ago to build 544 units... mixture.

Advertisement