Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiator help required

Options
  • 24-02-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi - Would anybody know how much ballpark it is to buy radiators for a house?

Background:
    I need to replace 9 radiators and got a quote for 4,500 + vat.. this seems quite high... If I were able to buy them myself and get a plumber I think I might save money on this -

Does anybody know were I can buy radiators at a decent price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

That seems extremely expensive, although I don't know what size the rads are.

I bought some radiators last year, can't remember where, but I asked for the trade discount, which they had no problem giving me. I was stunned at how much cheaper they were - I saved about €200 per rad if I remember.

Try Heatmerchants or Heiton's (I think).

Edit - was the quote just to supply the rads, or to fit them also? I originally thought it was just to supply the rads, but on rereading your post I think the quote may have been for supply and fitting/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Better clarify

Quote is to
    - Measue old ones
    - Buy new ones
    - Install new ones
    - Add thermostats
    - Clear out gunk from the pipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Whizzo

Hi - Would anybody know how much ballpark it is to buy radiators for a house?

Background:
    I need to replace 9 radiators and got a quote for 4,500 + vat.. this seems quite high... If I were able to buy them myself and get a plumber I think I might save money on this -

Does anybody know were I can buy radiators at a decent price?
    Try Dublin Providors (DPL), i recently bought two 1200 x 500 double rads at €170 each, thermostatic rad valves are roughly €10 - €15
    Always get a few quotes from contractors and don't always pick the lowest

Advertisement