Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE/How Low Can You Go?

• 24-02-2006 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Did anyone watch the first in the new series of How Low Can You Go? on Net2 last night?

Mark was like a passenger on the show, compared to the two main guys Baz & Mike.

I can't decide what's most irritating about him: his luuuuuuuuuuuuuuudicrous accent, or his blonde antics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I saw it last week and, interestingly, I noticed the exact same thing (without even reading this post!) - he was generally in the background for most shots, not talking to the camera and, at times, just not there. In the first season, I think, the camera used to go with him on his own 'gay' adventures at times...

To be honest though - it's far better this way, I am by no means a fan of the show, but the chemistry seems to work much better with the other two working in front of the camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's not a bad show actually - I had expected it would be terrible but it was pretty funny, the episode I saw (Copenhagen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I thought this show was about how little they could spend on holiday? At the end of last weeks show is showed some ridiculous price for plane tickets when ryanair would have got them there for way less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Is it wrong that I want to all Edward Norton and make 'em bite the curb?!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

I always watch this cos I like travel shows and its interesting to see where they go etc but I find them all very irritating. I think maybe they try too hard to be funny, I think they dont show much respect in other countries as well did you see in toronto they were stamping on the stars on the walk of fame that was ignorent even if it was celine dion! Always rude in restaurants as well. As for that Baz guy when he acts all gay trying to be funny its not much different from the way he usually acts! Maybe the show could use new people, or does anyone actually like them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I like the guy from the carlsburg ads but i think the other guy's bastardness rubs off on him a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Which guy is on the carlsberg ad? I'd say they all hate each other anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Those 3 are complete *****

I should hate the show, but usually watch it anyway because there is the odd good moment.

The gay guy annoys me. He just tries too hard.

The guy on the carlsberg ad is harmless.

The only guy I like is Baz. I might be in a minority of one, and he is a bit OTT, but he is able to have a laugh at himself anyway. Most of his lines miss, but sometimes he weighs in with a funny line. And every now and again he is comfortable putting on a wig, looking dumb, and prancing around like any normal fellow up for a laugh after a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Na, i saw him on that cosmetic surgery thing and he came across a real ponce(haven't said that in ages......or ever). He tries just as hard as the gay guy, the carlsburg guyis the only one to take a genuine interest in the city they're staying in and never really takes the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Last night's show (London) wasn't the worst.

I've nothing against Mark (honestly), but he's the weakest guy on tv, by yards.
    Being gay isn't "enough" to be successfull... you actually have to be good at what you do! And boy is he sh1t.

For example...
    He goes gay clubbing in London. Great. The only thing he can think of asking lads he runs into is: "what's it like to be gay in London?"

FFS, how unoriginal and lame is that??

Advertisement