Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Field Target Shooting

Options
  • 24-02-2006 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Perhaps people who are interested in getting Field Target air-rifle shooting started in the Republic of Ireland would contact me. Also anyone willing to give advice on purchasing rifles suitable for this discipline.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

For an idea on the types of rifles and a rough guide to prices, the best place to start is here http://www.nsra.co.uk/Shop/start.htm They may be a little expensive, but they have some in stock, and at least you can see what you are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kodi

The best thing to start is
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/index.php

But at the end of search you always will be at LG 300 Dominator, Steyr LG110, and AA Evo2. Maybe Anschütz HP. There is Feinwerkbau P70, but it's not manufactured anymore. For scopes usually: Big Nikko 10-50x60, Deben 10-50x56, Walther 10-40x56. I went for LG300 Dominator + Walther 10-40x56. After usual problems with regulator it became very stable and reliable airgun. This scope at 10x can be used even in HFT.

BTW: if anyone know, where/how in this country foreigner could shoot FT/HFT, I will be very grateful for information. When I came here, I had to cease shooting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

We're going to need more information.

1. Where in the country are you?
    2. Have you taken up permanent/temporary residence?

I'm sure the lads will be asking more questions in order to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kodi

LB6 wrote:
    We're going to need more information.

1. Where in the country are you?
    2. Have you taken up permanent/temporary residence?

I'm sure the lads will be asking more questions in order to help you out.

1. Currently I'm living in Ballina, Co. Mayo.
    2. I don't know what it is... I'm just regular EU citizen, do I need to apply for some documents? About my residence? Sorry for my ignorance in this matter... I was told, that after 4 years I can get a status of "resident" and that's all that I know.

Advertisement