Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We are all a bunch of brainwashed fools

• 24-02-2006 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

For over the last 15 years Irish and UK fans have become dependent on the repetitive, comic book garbage that is shownb every week on Sky. I have been all around Europe watching various independent shows, and have grown to appreciate true story telling in the ring, yet still find myself rushing home to watch that garbage. which gets worse on a weekly basis. I therefore believe that there is subliminal messages in wwe programming. What else is the exclamation for the fact the there are 100,000's of addicts and supposed marks for the business

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

people may actually enjoy it? just an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I believe that Vince McMahon has been hiding subliminal messages in Stacey Keiblers arse as everytime it gets shown on WWE I end up enjoying the show much more !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I think if u listen to enough of the bull the commentators trash out then it has some of an effect on you anyway. Who watches WWe with the sound off? :) Maybe it is that or the fact that ur waiting to see a good match? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i'm waiting to see a good match, although the commentating from time to time can be funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I personally enjoy WWE shows - i think they have a lot of talented wrestlers, some good storylines and an all round entertaining product (im not say that other promotions havnt got any of these btw).

Fair enough, it may not be as consistantly good as it was back in 97 -2000. IMO, this is due to the lack of competition - TNA (or anyone else for that matter) is nowhere near giving WWE a run for their money despite the recent improvements to their product.

I dont know why its so fashionable to slag off WWE these days - maybe its just a case of attack the big corporate monsters or somethin!:confused: Remember, practically every wrestler wants to work for WWE and the ones that make it there and last there do so for a reason. People should quit bitchin and be glad that there's wrestling (WWE) on Sky Sports 3 every day of the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I doubt it's brainwashing but then again!
    I do watch WWE religiously but i'd consider WWE to be more of a male-soap type program from time to time.

All Hail Vince Mcmahon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some people watch 24, some watch the Simpsons, some watch WWE. Its all a show. Its entertainment. True, some people follow it religously, but not everyone.

Advertisement