Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak in 3 bed duplex

Options
  • 24-02-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi Guys - as some of you might know I am in Oz at the moment and we have a 3 bed duplex in Charlesland Grove that we only got to live in for 3 short (but great) months before we got transfered here for 2 years. We have 3 guys in there at the mo "minding" the place for us. They have told us there is a leak in the living room that looks like it is coming from the bath. Does anyone know who we could contact about this, we never really used the bath or shower in the bathroom while we were there as we always used the en-suite so I imagine any problem now was always there. I know the plumbing was always a nightmare issue in them. We are in the very first set of duplexes in the grove. The ones just across from the dry cleaners etc.

Any ideas of who we should get them to contact, I know the foreman we dealt with when moving in does not work there anymore - does anyone have the number of the plumber on site? Don't want to have to fork out for something that was not our fault.

BTW - does anyone have any recent photographs of the area they can post up I am missing the place like mad.
    Tks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ring Dermot on 087-6256658

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Tks for that - I will pass it on to the lads.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Yeah, ring Dermot. We have a duplex in the Grove also and we have had loads of plumbing problems since we moved in last August.

- Kitchen sink was not sealed
    - Dishwasher pipe was leaking
    - Ensuite shower grout was cracked and leaking (took 5 visits and 3 months to fix)
    - Main bathroom bath was leaking. It turned out to the that the taps were not secured to the sink and the water from the shower was going through.

My sitting room roof got destroyed from all the leaks but they sorted that out also.

Dermot is pretty good and a nice freindly chap but you have to keep reminding him of stuff to get it done.

Advertisement