Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator not working

Options
  • 24-02-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

We have oil heating in our house, but one of the radiators upstairs in my bedroom is not working. It just did not come on yesterday. I know fook all about rads, and was told to 'bleed it'

I got the key, opened the little thing a bit until the hissing noise stopped (about 20 seconds) and closed it, but it still does not work.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

When bleeding it, you have to wait until you actually get a drop of water coming out. So have a cloth with you to mop up any that escapes as it is normally quiet dirty. If this doesn't work, you may actually have a problem where there is not enough water in the system - other postings here have discussed this recently.

Advertisement