Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio Monitor Advice

Options
  • 24-02-2006 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Hey, Im looking to buy active studio monitors with built in amp. I don't want to spend more than €400. I can get this set of M-Audio Monitors for €399. Does anybody know if they are good? Would you advise another set (with built in amp) for around the same price? Are they worth the cash?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileBX8a-main.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I have the Alesis M1 MkII actives and I think they're really excellent for the money. Very balanced and natural sound with good low frequency representation. Definitley consider them.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I'll check them out. Do they have a built in amp, or do you have to run the signal through a stereo amp before it reaches the monitors? I really don't want to fork out more money for a decent amp on top of monitors just yet. Maybe in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's an amp in each monitor. Just run a line out into each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Cool, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

save up and get a cheap set of genelecs. beautiful monitors they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

jtsuited wrote:
    save up and get a cheap set of genelecs. beautiful monitors they are!

"Cheap" and "Genelec" are two words you dont usually find close together in the same sentence... at least not without with the word "not" preceeding "cheap" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 odinreln

im currently using the studiophile bx8s. they havent given any trouble and im very happy with the sound out of them. havent heard the bx8a's though. i can only presume that they are as good if not better. most of my stuff is bass orientated and they sound great.

Advertisement