Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATT Gline, Wizzard and u other loons with to much money...

Options
  • 24-02-2006 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Sli is for poor people, Quad Sli is for you... Coming in march..

Chicago (IL) - Nvidia will launch its Quad-SLI technology, which will enable to run four GeForce graphics chips in one computer system, on 22 March, TG Daily has learned. Quad-SLI will be launched with 7900 GTX graphics chips, which will be announced on 9 March, sources indicated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

y would you need this? Class tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

To prove that ur better than me i guess... Only reason i can think of ;-p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

"I am considerably richer than yoww!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

BopNiblets wrote:
    "I am considerably richer than yoww!"

How bout "I can render considerably more pixels than yoww!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

So like roysh, my computer plays rugby...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

He who owns low spec penis buys high spec pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

RotalicaV wrote:
    He who owns low spec penis buys high spec pc.

HA HA!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Quad SLI, gah. That's their response to ATI ...

I'm not impressed... at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The 7900 is their response, Quad SLI is innovation.....(however pointless)

Nobody ever thought SLI would take off the way it has.........at least in the industry, which is why ATI were so far behind the 8 ball when it became a commercial success, not just a niche / Hardcore enthusiast technology......noone tought Dell would be shipping SLI by the Truckload.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Its unfortunate though that the one industry which is driven by parallelism has resorted to multiple chips, whereas the cpu, which isn't as parallel by nature, is putting multiple cores on chip.

When the new single card gives more performance than the previous card in SLI, despite the new cards specs being far less than the two combined (6800x2 = 32pipes, 7800 = 24 pipes), you know there is a hell of alot of inefficiency and power wastage there.

It also seems to be people who buy two cards at once, rather than people who 'upgrade' to SLI, though that could be because the old cards are discontinued (which is even worse).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Blow €2400 on four 7900GTX?...yeah i'm down with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,285 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Blow €2400 on four 7900GTX?...yeah i'm down with that!

We know you enjoy talking to us about your e-peens. You'd gladly exhibit your 4 graphic peens, after already showing us your 4 storage peens :p

Any explicit pictures? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

unkel wrote:
    We know you enjoy talking to us about your e-peens. You'd gladly exhibit your 4 graphic peens, after already showing us your 4 storage peens :p

Any explicit pictures? :p

I'm too shy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

hmmm.. i better start saving i suppose.....
    but how do you phase cool 4 graphics cards without spending a fortune? HAHA :p

tbh i think quad sli is overkill, it will cost WAY to much, 2 is enough for know i think, plus there willl be big initial issues with it im sure

oh and btw i dont have a small penis...............
    well i dont have a small e-penis anyway , im not gonna comment on my personal one, hehehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

had post written. Random mid-typing keyboard shortcuts caused my post to be deleted.

Essentially: SLI == Con, 'old' tech being strapped together at a price premium unheard of in 20 years. It's nasty.
    MXMs are a step in the right direction, but it's still low-performance (relatively) mobile parts being shoehorned into the desktop/enthusiast market.
    Roll-on socketed graphics subsystems and PCI-Express 32x slots.

Advertisement