Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value in Leather suites

Options
  • 24-02-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Shopping around at the mo for a brown leather suites. Been to Land of Leather's Jan sale and yesterdays. Not all that impressed. The suite that we liked in Jan sale was 300 more in yesterday's sale!! Anyone got any tips for shops in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Carlow, Wicklow (or anywhere in Leinster or East Midlands) offering good value?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

homezone in navan are quite good. natuzzi and incanto for hundreds less than arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

I second Patrido.Take a trip up to Navan. There are loads of furniture shops there - try Beechmount Industrial Estate and Flowerhill Furniture. Really nice stuff and good prices.

Dools

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Airside shopping centre has two or three sofa shops doing sales at the moment,i got a three seater for 700 quid with an optional two seater for 200 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Place in Naas also does leather...H&G or IH&G, not sure exactly the name...on your right hand side coming from Dublin direction across for the Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Will have to check them all out. Looking forward to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

If you are going to Navan, watch out for a sign for Riverside Furniture.
    I decorated my house from there last year, i thought the prices, quality and service were great. It's a smaller family run business. I remember seeing some lovely high quality leather suites, and thinking that similar would be 40% more expensive in a Dublin shop !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Second Beechmount Industrial Estate in Navan. Can't remember the name of the place where I bought my 3+2 seaters, but they cost 1300 and were exactly what I was looking for. I looked everywhere else including Land of Leather (again, not impressed).

Head out there on a Sat/Sun with 2 or 3 hours and you'll more than likely find something you like.

Visit every store in the place, no matter how dodgy looking. There are some expensive places and some reasonable places there.

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cyberspacer

Land of Leather are the biggest bunch of thieves I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

We spent just under E2000, and we were threated like dirt, when eventually I rang and shouted at them to deliver my sofa as agreed (in writing), this is maybe the 20th call in as many weeks, they barred me from entering their shop ever again, beggars belief, I would strongly urge everyone to never deal with these cowboys and just go to your local furniture shop !!!!!:mad:

Advertisement