Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Smith injury not career threatening

• 24-02-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Smith will be expected to be back in 6 or so months, heard it on 98fm also thought it would interest most people here

ps. i posted it as a new thread as opposed to in a smith/liverpool v man u thread to let everyone see it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

blu_sonic wrote:
    Smith will be expected to be back in 6 or so months, heard it on 98fm also thought it would interest most people here

ps. i posted it as a new thread as opposed to in a smith/liverpool v man u thread to let everyone see it

heard this a few days ago that it wasnt career threatening, think it was on Sportinglife.

Also I wouldnt believe everything you hear on 98FM;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

good to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think 6 months may be a bit optimistic, as I am currently sidelined with the same injury. I only got out of the cast on tuesday after 6 weeks. I was told Ill be on crutches for at least another 6 weeks, and physio for about 3 months.

Now I know he will ahve the best physios money can buy, but his leg is busted pretty bad, so it will be a very long recovery.

When I saw that happen the other day, it just put me right back to my little accident :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

what happend gimmick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

gimmick wrote:
    I think 6 months may be a bit optimistic, as I am currently sidelined with the same injury. I only got out of the cast on tuesday after 6 weeks. I was told Ill be on crutches for at least another 6 weeks, and physio for about 3 months.

Now I know he will ahve the best physios money can buy, but his leg is busted pretty bad, so it will be a very long recovery.

When I saw that happen the other day, it just put me right back to my little accident :(
    That sucks, have a speedy recovery!
    I heard this from an interview with Fergie this morning, I was delighted. Also, I was reading today that Momo Sissoko is making 'encouraging progrees'. Incidents like these can really put football in perspective, good to hear that two freak accidents in the space of a few days might not be as bad as everyone feared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Didnt wanna start a new topic, but did anybody else see Francesco Totti's injury lasy week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Good news that it's not career threatening.

TBh theres no reason why he should be out any longer than a standard broken leg (assuming it was'nt shattered or broken in a dodgy way). The dislocation would be pulled back in and ok after a few weeks so it's just down to the break healing. I'd say we'll see him back about six weeks into next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Didnt wanna start a new topic, but did anybody else see Francesco Totti's injury lasy week?

Saw it on gazzetta on bravo tonight, looked very painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

gimmick wrote:

but he'll have the top people helping him back to fittness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ I know that, but it will be a slow recovery is what i was saying. It will take at least 6 weeks for the leg to heel etc etc etc
    what happend gimmick?

Turned badly playing ball. My left leg went snap, crunch, and i was off to the hospital for operation etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

sorry to hear that Gim

Advertisement