Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a garage - any advice?

Options
  • 24-02-2006 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi there.

Im thinking of building a garage/outdoor room in my garden. Dimensions would be around 16*20 feet. I am planning a concrete structure and have never done anything like this before. I will of course be using tradesmen for the block laying/plumbing/electrics/roof but I will be doing all the donkey work if you like.

Any of you people built anything like this before? What sort of cash am I looking at roughly.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dras

very rough guess about 15k but these things are as long as a piece of string (windows, insulation, drylining, roof material, etc, etc so many variables)

dras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

You don't really need a tradesman to do the blockwork - a good labourer will manage this easily enough and will probably be less expensive.

Advertisement