Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New President.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Huh? I'm not a dumbass....

Just lazy... :p

I swear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Huh? I'm not a dumbass....

Just lazy... :p

I swear...
    Yeah I know...

Besides, it was a "pot-kettle-black" comment from me anyway - Sure I didn't vote in 1st year in Sabbat or Class Rep elections...

Mind you, experiencing the resulting nightmare of a Union, I made certain I voted in the subsequent election.

Suffice it to say, all but one of the candidates I voted for lost.
    The exception was Dan.
    Nuff said.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Enda Duffy used to be in Ogra Shinn Fein.
    Enough said tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Reply to student type:Dan was welfare officer this year.He stayed focused on his job and couldnt run other campaigns,such as end the rip off when he was in a welfare position.He was dedicated to the position that he won and it wouldnt have been right if he spend his time on non-welfare campaigns as you suggested he should have done.

Also you say I have a very shallow understanding of student issues and then you say this: 'Seriously whets the point of cheaper tea if you're bringing in charges in other vital services?

As a welfare officer which do you think should be Dans primary concern-funding extra staff for the health services or the price of a cup if tea??
    I would be shocked if Dan,this year,put the price of a teabag before the price of students rights to a decently staffed health service.
    The fact that Dan is running for president shows that he realises how much is to be done for us students in UCD and welfare,while he did a good job with that,it was too constricting for everything that he wants to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Elisa, it's worrying that you only have bad things to say about Enda Duffy, and that you can't even give credit where it's due, especially with regards to the tea and coffee stand. That has been going on since the middle of the first term, whatever the weather. To call it electioneering, or whatever you said it was, just doesn't make sense. And you asked for an example of what Enda has achieved so far out of the tea and coffee stand? The price of a coffee in O'Brien's in the Sports Centre has been reduced, after discussions took place between the management and Duffy.

If you have a personal problem with Enda, well that's your choice. If you don't like him, just say so. But to attack the initiatives he has taken as a student activist really pisses me off.

On a point about Dan, he turned up to the coffee stand ONCE. Guess when? The day nomination forms came out for the elections. I'll let you figure that one out. It's saddening that Dan would mention his involvement in this campaign in his manifesto, it really is. Where was he since November of last year? When all the hard work was being done, where was he?

Feel free to reply, but I rarely use boards.ie, so I may not see it, so if you wanna continue this discussion, I'll be around the Arts Block all of next week, canvassing for Enda Duffy, of course.

Til then,

Darragh

• Advertisement

Id just like to say I'm not attcking anyone personally.Its annoying when this is said continually to diminish my argument cos its jus not true!!I will give Enda credit where its due but I just really really dont think it is due.With both Michelle and Enda I dont think they have done anything actively good for causes in UCD this year.There continual argument is 'well what have you done,why dont you run etc etc'. I think this is an awful attitude to have as I think many people can be involved with things and not boast about it,something which Dan does.

While I respect the amount of time Enda has given to the boycott arts cafe campaign I cannot applaud him for it being effective.Darragh,if you want to read previous posts where I have compared our fair trade campaign which has been extremelly effective to Enda's slow moving campaign.Has he gone into talk to manangers of the restaurants?Has he looked into cheaper options from wholesalers and presented this information to the managers?Has he rallied for a free hot water machine with teabags and coffee at cost price uptill 10.00 in the su shops/student centre for those studying late?These things take effort,a lot of backround work and time.

I'm sure i'l see ya this week Darragh anyways cos you didnt finish telling me bout why you put forward the motion of no confidence in jimmy and was looking forward to hearing your reply!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Pythia wrote:
    Enough said tbh.
    You're big on the whole branding people and trial by association arent you?

So Dan and Enda are both sociaists, both active in youth politics, both trying to end the rip off.
    Enda is a bit ruthless / cheating bastard with the poster campaign.

Anybody know anything about orla?

BTW who has control over the SU budget and control over the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

panda100 wrote:
    Id just like to say I'm not attcking anyone personally.

A lot of your posts in several threads look like personal attacks and sour grapes to me.

Its annoying when this is said continually to diminish my argument cos its jus not true!!
    I remember you attacking vainglory with false allegations, which when refuted, you repeated.
    I will give Enda credit where its due but I just really really dont think it is due.
    With both Michelle and Enda I dont think they have done anything actively good for causes in UCD this year.
    Everyone is inept. You'd do a better job, but you're not bitter, you didnt want to run for welfare...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

panda100 wrote:
    I'm sure i'l see ya this week Darragh anyways cos you didnt finish telling me bout why you put forward the motion of no confidence in jimmy and was looking forward to hearing your reply!:)
    Council tonight at 6pm in Theatre N if anyone's interested! Come and see the big names in action.

I'll be the dude at the bottom with the blue top looking smug at not having to take minutes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Council tonight at 6pm in Theatre N if anyone's interested! Come and see the big names in action.

I'll be the dude at the bottom with the blue top looking smug at not having to take minutes. :)

Never been to one of those. What happens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Motions on notice (http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php) are voted on. This time around there's a motion of No Confidence in James Carroll which should be interesting.
    Also Officers Reports and this time around (possibly) the election of a new chair - you might get to see ye olde Pierce Farrell in canvassing mode looking to be the new deputy Chair or something - and nominations of UCDSU's reps to USI National Congress from March 20-23 in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

student-type, panda and An Bradán Feasa, please stop using this forum to canvass for and against the candidates. If you want to say who you are voting for and why then go ahead. You don't need to try and sway people's votes here.

Everyone here has the ability to make up their own mind about all of the candidates. God knows there is plenty of information floating around the place.

A lot of your posts in several threads look like personal attacks and sour grapes to me.

Everyone is inept. You'd do a better job, but you're not bitter, you didnt want to run for welfare...

If my previous posts looked personal-I is sorry.
    I suppose its a bit difficult not to get personal in an election in UCD where everyone sorta knows everyone specially when it comes to union elections.

Just to even the playing field with my posts,even though I do believe Dan is the better candidate for president I can't say I'm 100% happy with him in welfare this year.I don't like the way he neglected sexual health awarness week in order to focus on these elections.I also dont think he has done enough for mental health awarness in the college,something I thought he would do and that I feel he neglected quite a bit.I think it was bad that Dan mentioned the co-op in his manifesto if he only when down there the day the nominations were out.While I disagree with him adding this into his manifesto,i do think it was wrong for Enda to miss out how heavily involved in Labouryouth he is.
    I can appreciate how I may come across as bitter in some posts,kaptainredeye.I was hurt when I didnt get support form the UCD branch of labouryouth as I get on extremely well and have the full support of everyone else in the party except them.This sort of what i thought as unjustified rejection is hurtful and so I apologise if it has come across as bitter. I agree with peachy that this should be kept to the newswire and so maybe if somone starts a thread over on the boards in ucdsu website we can disccuss it there.
    Oh and just is anyone is intrested the l+h hustings are on tommorow at 1 sumwhere in arts!

Motions on notice (http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php) are voted on. This time around there's a motion of No Confidence in James Carroll which should be interesting.
    Also Officers Reports and this time around (possibly) the election of a new chair - you might get to see ye olde Pierce Farrell in canvassing mode looking to be the new deputy Chair or something - and nominations of UCDSU's reps to USI National Congress from March 20-23 in Ennis.

who votes? (class reps or what)

The proposal was beaten down massively.
    (Just finishing the thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Pythia wrote:
    Enough said tbh.

Really? Well it doesnt change my vote.....RON is still coming in ahead of Duffy!
    1. Orla
    2. Dan
    3. RON
    4. Enda Duffy

Advertisement