Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Estimation tools for new build

Options
  • 24-02-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks!!

I have been reading some of the posts on new builds on here for a while and am starting my new self-build project pretty soon. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites or tools i could use to get a rough estimate of the total cost of the build. I understand that this is a pretty scientific area (QS) but I just wanted to get a rough idea. Any help you could offer would be greatly apreciated. I found a great MS Excel Doc last night on boards from a poster who had carried out a new Timber frame build lately and if anyone had another file which broke their costs down it would be a great help to all those thinking of embarking on a new build!!! Thanks for yer help in advance!!

Salmon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Some of the home design packages also caluculate a BOQ from the plans you have designed. not cure how good they are and the rates have to be obtained from another source.

Not much help though

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Does anyone know how much it costs for a QS to give an estimation of costs involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I think i saw an online calculator for calculating how amny blocks are needed for block built houses, Does ne1 know of any other hand online tools?

Advertisement