Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Short Video Piece from NEAR tv

• 24-02-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd share a little piece that NEAR tv who I work with recently created.

http://www.nearfm.ie/video/sari5web.mov

This is about a SARI (Sports Against Racism Ireland) event that was held at Dalymount Park.

NEAR tv is a community television production company that is part of the same co-operative that operates NEAR fm.

We train members of the local community in film and television production with the ultimate aim of getting their material screened on DCTV (Dublin Community Television) which has recently been granted a license from the BCI.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That was fairly good Monkey, fair play.

The whole NearTV thing sounds pretty interesting; if you've got anymore information about it (and maybe ways to get involved) let me know. Do you guys work there on a voluntary basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm not too involved with the TV end of things these days. I manage our IT Training Centre.

We have full time managers for the different sections of the organisation and we use CE and JI staff to work in the place. But the staff are all really there to train and facilitate the volunteers in making their own productions.

If you PM me I'll give you the contact details for the TV manager and you can see if there are any volunteers spaces available.

Advertisement