Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DECT basestations with > 6 handsets?

Options
  • 24-02-2006 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a DECT basestation that supports more than six handsets?

A friend is looking to install a number of DECT handsets to act as a wireless intercom system, but needs at least eight. All the residential systems I've seen only support up to six handsets max. There are business systems that do this, but they're geared at large numbers of handsets (e.g. 40+) and priced accordingly.

Hopefully there's a middle ground that I've missed. Alternatively, if anyone knows of a good wireless intercom system that could be used instead (again with at least eight channels), that would do nicely too.

Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Just to answer my own question (for the benefit of the archives):

It looks like the Philips Zenia 300 DECT phone supports up to 8 handsets, and is available in a quad pack with four handsets for around £220; two quad packs should sort out my friend (and leave a spare base station).

The base station can be used as a speaker phone on its own, essentially turning it into a ninth handset.

Advertisement