Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters at DCU

• 24-02-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    Coming towards the end of an Arts degree and three courses have caught my eye, well one in particular, the MBA at DCU, part-time.
    Has anyone done an MBA? Recomend it?
    How much does it cost to do it at DCU?
    It says one figure for 2005/06 would it be the same again for 06/07?
    I was told in total, it would cost 8,000 to take it? Sound right?
    Anyway, just how demanding was it?..and more importantly was it worth it?The other one at DCU is the masters in International relations.
    Am I right in thinking this is a qualification to work in the diplomatic corp?
    And finally apart from DCU, where else can I do an MBA part-time?
    Feedback appreciated,
    Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

MBA's are usually meant for people who have working life experience of 2+ years. It's not fully effective otherwise. Also if you are considering doing an MBA try for smurfit, probably has more weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

You wont get into the MBA in DCU with simply an Arts degree, the MBA requires you to have at leats 5 years executive or manager experience. It's 9k per year over two years.

You'd be prob better off doing http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/deginfo.php?classname=GDBM&mode=full

As for International Relations, there is no specific way to get in to the Diplomatic Cor. apart from interview when jobs are advertised, www.publicjobs.ie, although this degree would give you an excellent insight into this area

Advertisement