Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom not set up for Charlesland yet????

Options
  • 24-02-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Whats the story with phone lines in Charlesland? My Boyfriend rang to disconnect with Eircom in the house we currently rent, when he asked to be connected down in the Park they said that they weren't able to connect us yet. They were very vague and said that they would lodge a request for connection but it could take up to 4 weeks.

Has anyone else been given this story? We can't get Sky without a phone line. What are you all doing for your phone and sky? If my boyfriend doesn't get his daily fix of Sky Sports News I don't know what will become of him. I have searched this forum for an Eircom saga but haven't seen one yet.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Whats the story with phone lines in Charlesland? My Boyfriend rang to disconnect with Eircom in the house we currently rent, when he asked to be connected down in the Park they said that they weren't able to connect us yet. They were very vague and said that they would lodge a request for connection but it could take up to 4 weeks.

eircom have to wire up the DP boxes, which generally serve 4-6 houses. You can probably see them around the back of your house. The house is wired up to these, but additional work has to be done to get the service fully activated. 4 weeks isn't that bad.
    Has anyone else been given this story? We can't get Sky without a phone line. What are you all doing for your phone and sky? If my boyfriend doesn't get his daily fix of Sky Sports News I don't know what will become of him. I have searched this forum for an Eircom saga but haven't seen one yet.:(

Are you sure? The phoneline is generally for the interactive stuff, you will need either a dish to get Sky, or normal cable (which should be done already) to get NTL digital - which carries Sky Sports. The phoneline shouldn't be required for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

I've had Eircom (broadband and all) since August in the Grove?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

tell sky u have a phoneline and give them your old phone number...
    tell them to contact you on ur mobile...
    they will come and install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

well, eircom still haven't installed anything for us and we have been in the park now for a month. Also, Sky have actually been to our place and wouldn't install because they insist that you have a phone line. They use it to check that people, (neighbours) aren't getting free sky from the dish.

i cannot begin to describe how p*ssed off i am with the crap service from Eircom.... i am not even going to go into it now as it will put me in a bad mood. Lets just say the left hand doesnt know and doesnt care what the right is doing. Its a tad annoying only having RTE 1 in the home and NO internet. This is the first time in 4 weeks i have checked this forum. I have really really missed it.

Aside from that, its great to finally be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It took three months when I first moved in to get an eircom line. I drove by a man in a telecoms manhole one day, got out of my car and asked him when will the lines be connected? He said he was a contractor and was doing it on behalf of eircom but that he'd be finished the following day. So I immediately phoned eircom to tell them I expected my phone to be working the following day. Well if I never...I got an email from eircom the following day stating my phone was connected and here is my number. I quickly phoned the number and it rang...for once I was astonished! Then I changed right over to another telephone company who gave a ****(damn!)! Good luck and hopefully it doesn't take too long to get connected.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement