Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make friends?

Options
  • 24-02-2006 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I've just recently moved to Maynooth from "down the country" and the usual way people make friends like college (I'm not in college), work (I work with one other person, she's 50!), housemates (2 guys that work shifts and are never there, I've only met them twice in 2 weeks). I moved here for a job but other than work I have no life and nothing to do here. I don't even have someone to ring up just to go for a quick pint. I'm a girl in my mid twenties by the way and thought it would be easy enough to make friends here but I can't exactly go up to strangers and make them talk to me. Any help on how to meet people? It doesn't even have to be Maynooth....the surrounding areas and Dublin is just as good. I'm not really a sporty type, was thinking about maybefriends.com or something like that but it seems you have to pay for any of those sites. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

Hi,

how are you? So where about's from "down the country" are you from? I am from Mullingar, but I just moved to Canada to study for my PhD. So I'll just be able to chat to you for a while, sorry. You can always go on hi 5 if you want. There are plenty of people from around Ireland on that or you could check out the Midlands section on Region . You are only 30 minutes by train from Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Act like everyone else and pretend you like the same bands. Thats how you make friends at college. And probably why I have so few, hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

:) I'm not in college, that's my problem, if I was I wouldn't be posting this probably. Thanks anyway.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MikeHunt84

Did ya try the roost Summer? Lodsa students pissed off their face down there. Im sure they'd gladly be your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Yeah just get a typical student bag, cover it with indie band badges(even if you don't like them, they probably don't either), and you're good to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Maybe see if there's any clubs that'd share an interest of yours...art, photography, even languages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 misskathryn

Hey there Summer! So hey, I hope you've been meeting some cool folks. But, I also wanted to let you know, if you didn't already, that this week is Rag Week where it will be no problem to meet some new people. I'm actually new this semester too, but I'm in school so it's a little easier to meet people, but I definitely understand that Maynooth isn't the easiest place. If you want to, I would definitely meet up for a pint or something this week or sometimeif you want. Alright, well talk with you later. You can email me at kaskat31@evergreen.edu that's probably the easiest.

Advertisement