Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3347WG EIR net issue

• 24-02-2006 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Mates has one of these and it wont connect to the internet, well it does for a few minutes then stops and allows pc to see router but get no further.

It gives him an internal IP of 169.254.105.X anmd subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 (not 255x3)

At 1st booth it giv es him 255.255.255.0 but then stops.

Eircom wont help him in anyway :eek: And its doing my head in , why wont the damn thing stay connected to the internet :)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Get him to manually assign the IP address and subnet mask in network connections in windows.
    It should be in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Did that a while ago it reverts to 169.254 range all on its won or just doesnt connect.

Going up with my laptop have his router working here tru ethernet, see if his pc likes it later.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

KdjaC wrote:
    Mates has one of these and it wont connect to the internet, well it does for a few minutes then stops and allows pc to see router but get no further.

It gives him an internal IP of 169.254.105.X anmd subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 (not 255x3)

At 1st booth it giv es him 255.255.255.0 but then stops.

Eircom wont help him in anyway :eek: And its doing my head in , why wont the damn thing stay connected to the internet :)

kdjac
    That ip means it isn't getting an ip from the router-it is a default self-assigned ip.
    Can you connect using an ethernet connection?
    You may want to reset the router-stick a pin in the hole beside the power lead.

Advertisement