Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB. How long was your connection down?

• 24-02-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

My BT BB connection has JUST reconnected, it's been down since 09:30 this morning. 02X and 05X numbers were being effected.
    How long were you down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

mine is still gone. its been gone since about 11 last night - im using a modem now. why is this? i have just spent about 4 hours today trying to 'fix' it on my end. the crap thing is im just home in ireland for 2 days during reading week and i bloody need a connection! whats the story do you know? have theyintentionally cut it for some reason. if so it would have been awfully decent of them to let me know and save me wasting half the day :mad:

//edit 056 number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

About 5 minutes after my first post, connection down again. Just got back up. I rang BT this morning, it was busy and didn't hang on. Tried later when I still didn't have a connection and got a new message saying that they were "experiencing BB problems in the 05X area". Waited patiently checking every now and then. Phoned again about 5pm the message was still there but had been changed to "BB problems in 02X & 05X". Thought to myself that things seemed to be getting worse. Managed to do a quick post when connection back up for half an hour. Then went again. I don't know anything other than that.
    How long will I be up for this time I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

haha somethings messed up anyway. i just got offline with my 33.6k and rechecked my BB and it worked! hope it wont go again now in second. but ive got a big smile on my face anyway - im just glad it didn't somehow wreck my netowrok. hope yours goes back up soon.

I'm up now and :D
    Hope I won't be back to :mad: soon. Although it's getting closer to bedtime so can sleep through the next few hours.
    It's the longest I have ever been without a connection, didn't go to the agro of trying 56k, I can admit, that I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms. ;)

I wonder how many more people are starting to pull their hair out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Are ye on the Churchfield exchange by any chance?
    Eircom had scheduled maintainance earmarked for there last night. Something must have gone tits up.

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote:
    Eircom had scheduled maintainance earmarked for there last night. Something must have gone tits up.

Not sure where the Churchfield exchange is. I'm East Kilkenny city, Sion Road off Dub/Carlow road.

kleefarr wrote:
    Not sure where the Churchfield exchange is. I'm East Kilkenny city, Sion Road off Dub/Carlow road.
    Hardly that so. It's in Cork:D .

kaizersoze wrote:
    Hardly that so. It's in Cork:D .

:D That would be the 02X connection then? ;)
    How the fupp did they screw up the Kilkenny exchange while they were working in Cork? :confused: :rolleyes:

That would be the 02X connection then?
    Precisely.
    Probably a bit of spring cleaning in Kilkenny and they plugged something out to plug in the hoover:v: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

BT must really not like me or something - all day yesterday (from 00:15 early Friday morning) right up until now I have no broadband in my home in the 021 area which is near the Churchfield exchange (some upgrade went wrong there I have been told each of the last 5 or so times I have called them with an estimated time of fixing it unknown). Didn't help that I was working from home yesterday and had to use dial-up all day long.

On top of this my broadband speed with BT in a house I share in Maynooth is also really bad due to a failed upgrade there.

Broadband in Ireland really does suck if the infrastructure isn't looked after properly once it is in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Well some of you are Lucky then, at least you have BB!

I'm in the middle of changing over from Eircon to BT and I lost my BB three days ago with little chance of it coming back till next week!.

but hey the 56k does come in handy I suppose even if it's sooooooo sssssllllllloooowwww.....

lol brings me back to the 'no limits' days... man what a crock of s**t

Mine went down again. :(

It was ok first thing this morning, then about 11:00am went down has only come back in the last 15 mins.
    Want to watch the Chelsea v Portsmouth game online ,but I don't know how long the connection will hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

My connection is well messed up, on and off yesterday and today and checked my stats and not getting the right speeds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

wes wrote:
    My connection is well messed up, on and off yesterday and today and checked my stats and not getting the right speeds...

lots of BT BB users seem to be having a lot of issues with connections dropping and speeds since the upgrade, Esat will you tell you it's the line and Eircom tell you it's your modem :rolleyes: .

a lot of the lines in the country just can't handle the upgrade but don't expect Eircom to tell you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

kaizersoze wrote:

AFAIK all corks voice & data lines are trunk'd at churchfield so that explains why I was down even though im not directly connected to Churchfield.

Went down again 30 mins after my last post. :(
    Back up again a couple of hours later and has been ever since I think. Haven't checked speeds yet, think I'll wait until the connection problems are ironed out first.
    Haven't tried connecting for a few hours, so don't know if it's been up since this afternoon.

hellboy99 wrote:
    lots of BT BB users seem to be having a lot of issues with connections dropping and speeds since the upgrade, Esat will you tell you it's the line and Eircom tell you it's your modem :rolleyes: .

a lot of the lines in the country just can't handle the upgrade but don't expect Eircom to tell you that.

This is the first time I've had any problems with my connection. I must be one of the lucky ones. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

kleefarr wrote:
    This is the first time I've had any problems with my connection. I must be one of the lucky ones. ;)

i guess so, i got the info from Esat and an Eircom engineer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mistercrow

Ours still down in cork
    Has been since 5 today.
    Nobody at home til Monday in BT

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

Mine has been dropping every 10 - 30 mins over the last couple of hours (Donegal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

was down since about 6 today.. just back
    (douglas exchange)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Also in Douglas...

Went down sometime in the afternoon... This is the first time I've noticed it back...

I thought it must be me, so I'm relieved to see this thread.

However I rang a friend in Carrigaline last night and they were up at the time...

Ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mistercrow wrote:
    Ours still down in cork
    Has been since 5 today.
    Nobody at home til Monday in BT

sooooo are you saying BT tech support is not 27/7? only Mon to Fri?
    are we living in the past or what?

Hmm questing if i did the right thing switching over now.... have to wait to see when they get around to connecting me up now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

connection back up this morning after greater than two full days down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

god's toy wrote:
    sooooo are you saying BT tech support is not 27/7? only Mon to Fri?
    are we living in the past or what?

Hmm questing if i did the right thing switching over now.... have to wait to see when they get around to connecting me up now....

They are open at weekends...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Mervue Exchange, Galway (091) - connection down since yesterday evening, around 10:30 pm. I called BT Tech Support today, and the guy said my account is flagged for downloading over the cap. Netlimiter tells me I downloaded 40GB this month, I'm on the 2 Mbs /20 GB cap (BT's counter is not working since September).

Anyway, the support guy said I may have to wait till next month to get reconnected. And they may reconnect me tomorrow if I begged and used the net only for "light browsing".

Anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Interesting, never heard of this before...

I think its time to move to smart for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

rocky wrote:
    I called BT Tech Support today, and the guy said my account is flagged for downloading over the cap. Netlimiter tells me I downloaded 40GB this month, I'm on the 2 Mbs /20 GB cap

Haha! so they have started enforcing a cap?
    ****ing excellent! glad i went to NTL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

022 Area.
    I was down for about 24 hours until 4pm today.
    I thought I had been cut off for exceeding my Cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

There was certain parts of Cork city down since midnight on Thursday an only came back @ 6.30 last night, more areas only came back on line this morning before lunhc, Eircom were expecting parts down to put into the Churchfield exchange but obiosly didnt go to plan, they must have had major issues

Advertisement