Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB. How long was your connection down?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Diabolus wrote:
    They are open at weekends...
    Well thats 'something' i seppose...

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

rocky wrote:
    Mervue Exchange, Galway (091) - connection down since yesterday evening, around 10:30 pm. I called BT Tech Support today, and the guy said my account is flagged for downloading over the cap. Netlimiter tells me I downloaded 40GB this month, I'm on the 2 Mbs /20 GB cap (BT's counter is not working since September).

Anyway, the support guy said I may have to wait till next month to get reconnected. And they may reconnect me tomorrow if I begged and used the net only for "light browsing".

Anyone else experienced this?

Well mine is down and I am way below my CAP usage, so looks like the Tech support guy was spouting off some rubbish. I was off most of yesterday and still off this morning. I am very unimpressed with such a long outage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Yes, just for the record. Was working last night, but was down at 8:30 this morning before I left for work...

Douglas exchange.

Ix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

whoops, my counter is updated;

46 GB, a bit more than netlimiter...

The thing is, I think that they disabled my account, it's only the last 2 checks that fail in my 'test broadband' options, in the router menu; and this is most likely due to the authentication not going through, the 'ACT' light on the modem is flashing rapidly green - yelow, all other lights look ok;

Come on Wednesday. I promise I'll be more careful next month :o

I _could_ switch to Smart or NTL, but I'm planning to move house in the next month or two...

Advertisement