Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bass scales!

Options
  • 24-02-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking for some really good bass scales.anyone know of a good book or web site with some?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ehhh... scales are scales no matter what instrument you play them on. Are you looking for something in particular or exercises or what?

Have a read through this thread, you'll see plenty about scales there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

Thanks doc.Very useful!Was looking something which has all the different scales written out,but that thread was very handy. know Any good exercises for strenghtening fingers?
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah, play more! :v: Seriously, the more you play, the stronger you get. And buy a gripmaster!

Yeah i guess so,its only my baby finger thats a bit weak really,those gripmasters work yeah?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Most people seem not to use their baby finger a lot. Just make sure you're using it when you can. And the grip masters are really good. I really should start using mine more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

www.activebass.com go to the "Bassics" section, theres a full list of scales there.

Cheers olp,great help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thebassman

Advertisement