Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALTERN-8 meets ELEV-8, 11th March

• 24-02-2006 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

finishedagain.JPG

Ministry FM & Elev8 has long strived to bring the biggest and best dance nights/music to Dublin. We’ve brought you some of the best in Irish talents and this time we’ve spared no efforts to bring 2 guys who’ve been around a long time, and to a lot of folk symbolise old skool.. 'ALTERN-8'.
    The Altern-8 guys formed in 1989 and have since captured imaginations around the world with their two man show, showcasing their unbelievable producing/DJing talents (these guys are the real three deck masters), and we're delighted to announce they're coming to Dublin.
    Fresh from their tours of Ibiza, Germany, Finland, Brazil amongst others.. They have agreed to hook up with the Elev8 crew, for a once off possibly never to be seen again event.
    Altern-8 will be performing a three hour set mixing up some of the best in 90’s house, along with some of there own worldwide smash hits like 'Evapor8' and 'Activ8'- tracks that received such huge response that they hit the top ten in the UK charts- prompting a performance on ‘Top Of The Pops’ in the early nineties .
    Altern-8 have collaborated with some of the biggest names in the industry over the years i.e. Prodigy, Kraftwork, Derrick May to name but a few … so we are very happy to announce that they will be bringing their undoubtable talent to the Belvedere Hotel on the 11th March for a night that has already been earmarked as one of the biggest nights of 2006..
    As mentioned above the event takes place in the Belvedere Hotel, which has limited capacity of under 300, but makes for an explosive atmosphere- so be advised to get there early, this will definitely be one not to miss

EDIT: Well done lads, this will be a stomper of a gig!! Cya all there CTRob ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Should be one of the best nites of the year so far,im supposed to be away that wekeend but im gonna change my flights,im there ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

M8 im very happy to hear that!!!! ;)

Whats the story is there tickets in advance for this mate?Noticed the Belvedere only holds 300,one of the few clubs in Dublin ive not been to,this should be a top nite,Altern-8 are some of the dons of the scene,last seen in Brighton last year doing a DJ set and they were top class :)

The tickets will be on the door m8, once your down before 10.30/11 you will be fine.The belvedere is quite small but will be a very intimate performance!

you bringing a crowd jonny?

• Advertisement

CTRob wrote:
    you bringing a crowd jonny?

Not sure who's goin yet mate as far as i know a mate of mines younger brother and his mate are going for defininite,will let ya know :)

By the way CTRob you have a PM mate ;)

Not long to go now....dont make me wait,dont make me wait.... EVAPOR-8:D:D:D

altern8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

You'll love this.............;)

tp://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DB4KNY...LG09HSLOY9YH0A9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

I probably would - if I could access it!

• Advertisement

yeah dude :(

Tonights the night folks!!! Altern8 have landed :D

What kind of crowd will be going tonight? i.e. will it be full of kids or will there be a good mix of oldies like meself?!

a mix, but i know plenty of "oldies" goin m8 :D

OH MY GOD :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: what a utterly amazing nite this was,i swear to God IMO this was the greatest club nite in Dublin for years,unbelievableAltern-8 are legends, ,im too fuc*ed to go into detail now suffice to say it really was top class and great to meet CTRob gentleman,ill post more tomorrow when ive come around :o:D:D:D

Totally agree. Fantastic night. Who were the dj's that played before Altern8 came on? Thought they were brilliant too...

holton wrote:
    Totally agree. Fantastic night. Who were the dj's that played before Altern8 came on? Thought they were brilliant too...

Not sure Mick Masterson i think,amazing nite best this city has seen in years,ill upload some video's so people can see for themselves :)

Right here's the first of the video's i took,this is fantastic stuff :D (Real Player only)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ue5ju

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

presume the djs on before were Mick Masterson and Super D.

Pleasure to meet you to m8 and fair play to ya coming down on crutches, massive respect :)
    Absolute stormer of a night, best ministry night ever!!.
    Super D and mick Masterson rocked the place and Altern-8 were truly savage.
    Old skool legends!!!

• Advertisement

You too m8,i didn't even feel any pain after a while and dumped the crutches in the corner and got them later,an absolutely brilliant nite indeed hope ya enjoyed the video,catch you again sometime,don't forget to let me know if your up for Raindance on April 29th in London,gonna try get a few going over for this.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Nice video jonny, have to say i enjoyed watchin that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Michael Masterson

Cheers For the video ........savage gig altern 8 are party animals and great dj's .....the state of the lads getting on the plane ....they partyed with ministry fm ......can't wait for them to come back over .....
    The lads said they had a great time QUOTE "we have played in front of 35 000 people but enjoyed that night more ..."
    Thanks again for all who turned up for the night ..

Regards Mick ....Masterson .

Cheers Mick you played a stormer as well,catch ya again sometime :)

great news is there is an irish tour in the works :)
    More details soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

CTRob wrote:

Sometime in June ......good news about our Badger as well ....
    tm_dscf1229=jpg.jpg
    super d quote ...
    Collected the badger from the managment in the Belvedere yesterday.. wanna see the people sitting having their lunch watching me walk in- then walk back out with a badger rapped in tinfoil
    Manager said his staff were on the verge of leaving.. everytime they walked into the kitchen they almost had a a heart attack.. thought it was a giant rat looking at them Poor badger..

But little did he know when being killed he was going to go on to be the celebrity badger that he is today..

CTRob wrote:

nice one:cool:

Thank god that badger is the ministry fm mascot :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Michael Masterson

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OLIVGLKT6D0W19DGTEEEZVJ0Tvideo again for people who missed it uploaded again ...

Advertisement