Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison Break

• 24-02-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Any plans for this to be shown in Irleand because it is only on ch5 in the uk. It's brilliant so far and I'd advise peoplae to look it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Fire RTE, TV3 and TG4 and e-mail and see. Then let us know. I'd be interested in seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Any news when its starting in the US again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anima wrote:
    Any news when its starting in the US again?
    March 20th..!

Cannot wait! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

This show beats both 24 and lost by a long shot! Great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Just posting to agree.
    Great show. Probably the best new show of last year. Any one I talk to about it has never really heard of it though.

Where as 3/4 of the cast of 24 annoy me, I must say everyone in Prison Break is perfect for the role.

Roll on March

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

It has the suspence of lost but stuff is actually happening in it. How are they goin to keep it running before it becomes uninteresting though?

It has the suspence of lost but stuff is actually happening in it. How are they goin to keep it running before it becomes uninteresting though?
    Apparently, the creator said at the start that they'd only do 1 season!

But the success of the show probably means a second is inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

i was wondering when word of this show migth actually hit ireland as its been said already not many people have heard of the show.

This few month break has been pure torture for :P but at least only another month to go!

As for continuing it on... afaik next part of the program concentrates on the each of the individual escapees (who?? :)) lives on the run as well as trying to prove michael brothers innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Damn Fox! They're probably gonna keep them in prison while the show is popular and cancel it with no satisfying conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how does stare-boy get out of this one, theres a big new pipe where his hole was, the guard is walking down the corridor? his bro only has a limited time in the med-room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

basquille wrote:
    Apparently, the creator said at the start that they'd only do 1 season!

But the success of the show probably means a second is inevitable.

I wonder where they would go with it in a second series though. Its amazing the length of the break also to continue the story.

mad m wrote:
    ..Its amazing the length of the break also to continue the story.
    I read the break was due to 24 starting but 24 is on in the US on a Sunday whereas Prison Break is on a Monday.. unless they repeat 24.. anyone got the actual reason for the break?

Still, 3 weeks from Monday and it'll be back on our screens! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

basquille wrote:
    I read the break was due to 24 starting but 24 is on in the US on a Sunday whereas Prison Break is on a Monday.. unless they repeat 24.. anyone got the actual reason for the break?
    24 is the reason - it's on Monday nights.

SofaKing wrote:
    Ahhh... was sure it was on Sunday's!

Don't watch it meself!

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Was just thinking though, what day will Prison Break be on? 24 still has another 2 months or so to run.

Maybe stick it on after 24 at 10pm ET, and the 24 viewers will continue watching that.

Actually i just found out it'll be airing before 24 in the 8pm timeslot when it returns..

.. 3 weeks left! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I can't see how they could string more than 1 season out of it. It's more like a serialised film than a TV show. Cracking stuff.

SofaKing wrote:

can they only do one big tv show a week? lest the ratings drop a %?

As for continuing it on... afaik next part of the program concentrates on the each of the individual escapeeslives on the run as well as trying to prove michael brothers innocence.

As i said earlier in the season special where they went behind the scenes and interviewing the cast and producers they mentioned that season 2 would be about escapee(s) life as well as trying to prove michaels bros innocence as well of course the escape so i can easily see them filling a out a good second season but dunno after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

what would be sweet would be if they escape they run away to thailand or soemwhere and have to escape from some kinda bamboo hell hole. hell yeah. Deer hunter style

• Advertisement

as well as trying to prove michaels bros innocence

can they not fit that into the last nine episodes, they virtually have proved his innocence already

yeah i know "we know" but they still have to prove that he didn't do it as well as proving that old bat had a hand in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Back to the original question.. any plans of any channel bar channel 5 showing this? (basically a channel we can receive here in Ireland, be it terrestrial or on Sky/cable)...

Laguna wrote:
    Back to the original question.. any plans of any channel bar channel 5 showing this? (basically a channel we can receive here in Ireland, be it terrestrial or on Sky/cable)...

Slightly off topic but what parts of Ireland can get get Five? I live in Wexford and can pick it up fine on a standard (terrestrial) aerial.
    I assumed most people can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Carlow can't get it, I live practically next to the RTÉ transmitter based on Mt. Leinster and I can't receive it, I also have Sky and it's not part of their listings (although I read there's some deal being discussed to change this).

The reason you can get it is tha fact you live in Wexford and are more than likely picking up a residual signal from mainland UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cosgrove80 wrote:
    I assumed most people can get it.

you are one of the priviledged :D
    most of those who receive it will be through satellite, some places cable, few areas Freeview and others terrestrially from the UK

most people cant get it. shame as it is now imo the 3rd best terrestrial channel in the UK, after BBC1 and BBC2

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Prison Break & House are the only decent things on Five though.

Unless you're into CSI and co. that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Channel 6 in ireland will be showing both house and Prison break! But i think network 2 will be showing prison break first from june/july

if RTÉ are showing Prison break first, then when exactly will Channel 6 be showing it? it seems Channel 6 is going to be a 2 bit operation that is grabbing leftovers, with the odd exception

• Advertisement

Rte have a lot more funds than channel 6, im sure they outbid them foor the rights. usually there is a 3 month lag in broadcast dates to other stations

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

Rte have a lot more funds than channel 6, im sure they outbid them foor the rights. usually there is a 3 month lag in broadcast dates to other stations

I've always been a bit confused on this, are terrestrial rights different from cable / satellite rights when it comes to entertainment programming? And if not then how do Channel 6 and RTÉ both get to show Prison Break? Or if so then aren't Channel 6 and RTÉ (and by extension TV3 / TG4) bidding on different rights?

Or is it a first run / second run kind of system?

Or does it just depend on the show?

Channel 6 in ireland will be showing both house and Prison break! But i think network 2 will be showing prison break first from june/july

Judging by the rest of the rumoured Channel 6 lineup, it's more likely to be Prisoner Cellblock H

Yawn, yet another jibe at something which hasnt even launched yet. You dont know exactly the whole schedule, i do and i think you will eat your comments with a pinch of salt when the channel launches. They are creating irish jobs, producing irish home produced content and are giving another alternative to the "Irish" Tv Market.

Everyone has seen the press releases saying the usual that 6 are showing sex in the city, fraiser etc but, as im sure you can understand, the whold line up of new progs cannot be released fully until contracts are finalized. So maybe people should hold off untill March 31st to see what is actually going to be on.

giving another alternative to the "Irish" Tv Market

another alternative if you subscribe to cable. 1000's with satellite wont see this channel at all

Everyone has seen the press releases saying the usual that 6 are showing sex in the city, fraiser etc but, as im sure you can understand, the whold line up of new progs cannot be released fully until contracts are finalized. So maybe people should hold off untill March 31st to see what is actually going to be on.

so then possibly it was mistake to send out a press release boasting about years old shows?

• Advertisement

It wasnt a mistake to send out a press release stating what programmes had been signed at that date. Show me the quote which you would class as boasting?

Yawn, yet another jibe at something which hasnt even launched yet. You dont know exactly the whole schedule, i do and i think you will eat your comments with a pinch of salt when the channel launches.

I hope so. It was only a joke. I welcome any competition in the Irish market, especially if it forces RTE to pull it's socks up a bit.

Channel 6 have done a deal with CBS Paramount seemingly. From a press release point of view, they should've focused on this moreso than listing programs most people will have seen.

Will take about a year for any channel to hit their stride though.

<ontopic>I hope they do get Prison Break though, because as has been said here, it's one on the best new shows of last year.</ontopic>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

According to the Irish Times today, 6 will be the first ones in Ireland showing Prison Break... that's a small coup anyway, should ensure decent-enough ratings (I'm thinking similar to Nip/Tuck on TG4 - nothing Earth shattering, but good!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

(I'm thinking similar to Nip/Tuck on TG4 - nothing Earth shattering, but good!)

Sky One does get as many viewers for Nip/Tuck as TG4. Channel six will be luck to get anything over 50,000 viewers for Prison Break.

I assume that Channel Six bought the cable rights while RTE bought the terrestrial rights.

RTE spend 25,000,000 on imports between 2 channels, channel six spend 10,000,000 at least the rest on Irish programming. TG4 spends 3.5million on imports.

NoelRock wrote:
    According to the Irish Times today, 6 will be the first ones in Ireland showing Prison Break

they will need to promote the **** out of it. most people i talk to about it have never heard of it

• Advertisement

exactly as this could be the really big show that launches them. Its will easily grip viewers who only watch even the first couple of eps and keep them hooked to the very end (like lost season 1)

hey they should hire me to promote it for them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

When is the next ep of PB available?! Just watched the first 13 in the last 3 days, hooked!! Really cant wait!

When is the next ep of PB available?! Just watched the first 13 in the last 3 days, hooked!! Really cant wait!
    Monday week, March 20th - the next episode titled "The Rat" will air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Nice one Basquille! Cant wait now....

Advertisement