Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seaon 2, episode 18: "Download/Downloaded"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The cylons know that the humans created them and have reminded Adam & El Presidente fairly often.

Could it be the cylon God decided to mirror humanity int he number of models it created. Knowing that it couldn't create a race through procreation (as stated in the mini series/1st series) it would seem an reasonable idea to create a limited number of models..... 12 as our human creators have 12 colonies.

Also, it might be an idea to start to think where each model has said that they are from? If this theory is correct then the chances are they programmed each model to think its from a different colony.
    Six:
    Sharon:
    Lee oban:
    Caprica Doctor Guy:
    Suicide Bomber guy:
    Xena Reporter:
    The next one is a guess after watching season one extra's:
    Boxy:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Peace wrote:
    The next one is a guess after watching season one extra's:
    Boxy:
    Pfffft!

I told you that a year ago.

As it happens, that idea was boxed/cut and the actor doesn't have a contract with BSG this season (and no word on it for next).

That leaves alot of loose strings on Galactica regarding S1 and incidences with Sharon.

Personally, I thought the idea was a bit weak so I'm glad they left it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Well actually i was thinking about it, it would make for an excellent story arch if the model was finally captured...
    how would you ever justify torturing/interrogating a child.

A great moral dilemma all round TBH.

Peace wrote:
    Well actually i was thinking about it, it would make for an excellent story arch if the model was finally captured...
    how would you ever justify torturing/interrogating a child.

A great moral dilemma all round TBH.
    Do you actually remember the Boxy kid character?

Bloody annoying little sprog, you'd have to hold me back with the hot irons.....

Anyway, he doesn't have a soul - Link of Proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

psi wrote:
    Anyway, he doesn't have a soul - Link of Proof

I wonder is the website based on the South park episode or vica versa.
    psi wrote:
    Do you actually remember the Boxy kid character?

Bloody annoying little sprog, you'd have to hold me back with the hot irons.....

Yup I so agree.
    Cut of his appendiges and leave him for the daggits to feed on I reckon.

Stark wrote:
    I wonder is the website based on the South park episode or vica versa.

Its based on South Park :D

Yup I so agree.
    Cut of his appendiges and leave him for the daggits to feed on I reckon.
    Well Roslin did make a "Baby and Airlock" quip in last weeks episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As to what happens when they get to earth. All fans of the original series know the answer to this. The chief is working on flying motorbikes as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

As the baby was born in this episode, you might be interested to see the now famous "Baby Spot" promo which aired on Sci-Fi.

It starts out so innocently with that soothing voiceover... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

With regard to Baltar and Six being in each other head... Here is my Theory:

-They are both Cylons (as i have always maintained! - there is no way Baltar could have survived that Nuke, especially if it killed Six - even if she did try toi shield him, he would have been lacerated by the glass etc)

-Both are killed by the Nuke at Baltars Lakeside home

-During the Upload and subsequent download of both the consciences they get mixed up and each gets part of the others conscience...

-Hence the mix up in both models

-Baltar is No.1, The "Father" of the new generation of Cylons, ie Sharon and Sixes generation...

Plausible? Yes..
    Likely? Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

I like the sound of your idea geecee but why would Six go back to Baltar's to tell him that she's a Cylon and he's helped to bring about the destruction of his entire race. Also why would she even need to be there? I mean surely Baltar as a Cylon could insert the virus that disabled the military without needing Six?

As for the Nuke, I could see him surviving. After all it was just the rush of wind that shoock the building as opposed to it being the fireball, etc. With Six standing infront of him it's possible she took the brunt of it leaving him only injured.

I like the theory but it would raise too many questions to sit comfortably methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Pretty good theory geecee. Not sure if you are right, but it's a good theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Terrific episode.

Nearly fell off the chair when Baltar appeared on Caprica. Cool idea to have him in Six's head just like she is in his head.

A return to form after a couple of so-so episodes.

Advertisement