Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Bars

Options
  • 25-02-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Was watching a US film the other day and it featured singles bars where people go just to meet up. I had never heard of these. Do we have them in Dublin? I know someone with an ailing (pun intended) pub. Is there a market for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The awl 'Last chance saloon'?

I think they call it 'copper face jacks' or something.

Quoted for the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

strange those sequence of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How do those screw ups happen?

Never been there but some friends had. They said it was an ordinary night club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah if ur not from dublin its normal

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah if ur not from dublin its normal
    I'm from Dublin. Please explain.

its just a bar in town frequented by country gardaí and nurse's living in dublin

its a last chance saloon

T&#225 wrote: »
    its just a bar in town frequented by country gardaí and nurse's living in dublin

its a last chance saloon
    Full o' boggers eh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

it was, its weird now... i ve been there a few times, alot of engineering students got here too. its just weird, kinda like an episode of the twilight zone or the outer limits...nurses ang gardi, the people you depend on in an emergency trying to jump you pants, all very worrying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm from Dublin. Please explain.
    You're from Dublin and yet you've never heard of the oh-so underground nite spots called single bars??? :rolleyes:

Are you pulling the p1ss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

BaZmO* wrote:
    You're from Dublin and yet you've never heard of the oh-so underground nite spots called single bars??? :rolleyes:

Are you pulling the p1ss?

I wouldn't have gone clubbin' often. It wasn't my thing. tbh I was surprised to learn that we had a good night life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wouldn't have gone clubbin' often. It wasn't my thing. tbh I was surprised to learn that we had a good night life.
    Now I know you are.

there is no way you can associate "clubbin" with single bars, especially copper face jacks.

Advertisement